Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable create new session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

How do i disable create new session from menu

System-create new session .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know there's no security option to limit the number of sessions per user. There is a system parameter but I wouldn't recommend setting that very low as it will bite you (and your fellow administartors).

Why do you want to restrict this?

11 REPLIES 11

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know there's no security option to limit the number of sessions per user. There is a system parameter but I wouldn't recommend setting that very low as it will bite you (and your fellow administartors).

Why do you want to restrict this?

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is rdisp/max_alt_modes. See also SAP note #12466. Please remember, that there are also 'invisible' sessions used, for instance for printing.....

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically you won't be able to disable this as the minimum allowable limit of external session is 2. This is kept for emergency purposes like invisible sessions (print, rfc etc.) as mentioned by Bernhard. However, this is really a good option comes with SAP to check other details of the same systems and thus delimit the usage of Multi-GUI logon which is again SAP License issue.

Just wanted to know for what you are looking for this idea? requirement?

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm with the rest of the guys on this one.

What risk do you want to mitigate by reducing the sessions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your concern is debugger related, then you can use several options (also in combination) to contain this risk.

The new debugger anyway starts a new external session in the context of the user doing the debugging. Perhaps what you are looking for is to disable function codes within the system debugging engine only, and not new sessions for all users?

Where I have also seen this is with SAP Logon Tickets (Portal iViews to Backend SAPGui sessions). You cannot log all sessions off again...

Is this a programming problem related to transaction ID's?

Please provide more details of what your concern is (and what you have done to invoke this problem...).

Most likely you will not answer, is my guess...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are using portal . Users login user portal so we want to to disable the creates session icon from screen.

we don't to disable it if users login usign gui .

very few users use gui rest uses portal.

we use portal for LMS and TMS .

0 Kudos

What is the Insecurity you are feeling to be pertaining if this option is kept intact? Since very few users are using sapgui, so there is no point of thinking for load on system. Can you please let us know why you are looking for this criteria?

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

So the user is logging on again and again from a portal iview which is calling the session_manager and opening a GUI session.

=> You have a portal "SSO intermediary" issuing SAP Logon Tickets?

I am not aware of a solution to this problem which you have created..

I have also not looked into this since about a year, so there may be some way or better alternates anyway which you might want to look into.

Cheers,

Julius

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> We are using portal . Users login user portal so we want to to disable the creates session icon from screen.

> We don't to disable it if users login using gui.

To my knowledge it's possible to instruct the Portal just to launch one single ABAP transaction (via SAPGUI).

In that case, the "create new session" is disabled and the SAPGUI session will automatically terminate at the end of the invoked transaction. This is the so-called "single transaction mode".