cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get HTTPS URL for Web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SSL. By default the URL generated for the Web dynpro application is HTTP.

We went to SICF, and deactivated the HTTP service. That made the URL point to HTTPS.

But few problems started coming because of it:

- Our Content server became inaccessible.

- Every time server is re-started, we need to manually go and de-activate HTTP Service.

We even tried to set the parameter icm/icm/HTTP/redirect_0. But problem is not solved.

I know this question is asked before, but every time the answer is to read the help document on ICM.

What's the correct way for any webdynpro application to point to HTTPS? I don't think de-activating HTTP service is the right way.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Deactivating HTTP is not the correct approach. You say "By default the URL generated for the Web dynpro application is HTTP. ". What URL generation are you refering to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

The URL that is generated for the webdynpro application.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks Thomas.

> The URL that is generated for the webdynpro application.

Generated Where?! Are you generated URLs in your code for use in navigation plugs or linkToURL? Or is it the URL generated by the Portal iView? Or the URL generated by PFCG in the Role? Or is the URL generated in SE80 for testing? Or is the URL generated by Portal Navigation? There are a lot of difference places that URLs get generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generated automatically in SE80 and in Portal iView.

No, we are not using linkToURL UI element. Not used in navigation plugs.

I don't know what you mean actually Thomas. Sorry, my knowledge not so deep.

But what I know is 2 ways we are using it:

Directly running the application - in this case it uses the URL generated when we make the application in SE80.

2nd is when we embed in Portal iView - then I was told by the portal consultant that he just mentions the application name. URL is generated automatically.

Thanks again for your time.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SE80 is just a test for developers. It isn't intended to be a way to run WDA applications in production. Therefore it only launches applications in HTTP. Is that a problem?

From the portal, the iView itself only references a System Configuration ID so that URLs are never stored in the iView. Your portal system administrator can control the HTTP vs HTTPS setting from the System Landscape of the Portal. From System Administration->System Configuration->System Landscape, they would find the entry for you ABAP backend system. Then in edit mode on the object, find the Web AS Protocol property and change it from HTTP to HTTPS. Then all iViews that use this system ID will automatically change to generating the URLs with HTTPS. If you have the port number (assuming it isn't 443) in the Web AS Host Name property, you might have to update that as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas. I'd ask the Portal Admin to try it out.

There is another similar problem we are facing: I have embedded Webdynpro in R/3 screen. Then used the cl_gui_wdr_viewer class's load_application method passing HTTPS protocol.

It returns HTTPS URL only, but is not showing up on users' laptops.

Earlier we were not passing HTTPS protocol, so generated URL was HTTP, and it was not showing on users' screen (can show in ours). Reason we found out is that users' site has HTTP port blocked. They cannot show any HTTP url.

So we changed to get HTTPS URL, but that also gives the same problem. It is still trying to get HTTP url.

Here is the URL that the users got: (when they right click to see the URL generated)

res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm#http://abc.def.jil:8000/sap/public/myssocntl?sap-client=220

Can give any clues on why this is going wrong? Cannot raise OSS as I know embedding Webdynpro in R/3 is not supported

Thanks in adv.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That is the generation of the internal SSO ticket - which is being called internally as HTTP. That would be part of the reason why such integration isn't supported any longer.

It is acutally the method ENABLE_SSO that is generating this URL from the look of the inner processing. It is reading SICF for the node /sap/public/myssocntl to determine the default protocol. You might try going to SICF and this node. Then go to the Logon Data tab and change the Security Requirement to SSL. This will technically be a modification and you might have to repeat the step after support packages/upgrades - but it should force the ENABLE_SSO URL to be generated using HTTPS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. Tried that, did SSL for myssocntl service. But still user is getting the same error, and showing the same URL i.e. still trying to go to HTTP first.

Any other thing we could try?

Btw, your other solution for Portal works and has solved our all other problems. Now this is the only pending one

Thanks again.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Not sure at this point. It could simply be a limitation on the way that the SAPGUI HTML class generates the SSO ticket. Although by looking at the source code I would have guess that the change to the setting in ths SICF node would have forced HTTPS. You might try also changing the profile parameter login/ticket_only_by_https.

Worst case scenario, you might have to choose to modify the method ENABLE_SSO in CL_GUI_HTML_VIEWER and force the protocol and service to HTTPS.

Answers (0)