cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge xml files and then export the xml data to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello to all, i needing help in a transaction that merge three xml files and then catch the information and insert in a database table...

what happens for example...if the final xml have 4 rows the transaction insert 4 rows in the database table so far good but the information of all 4 rows are from the first row of the xml file...what im doing wrong?!?!

regards and thanks for the help in advance

images of transction and DB....[http://img17.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=transactionprint.jpg]

Mário

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

looking at the picture of your tran, I would suggest moving the repeater down. Right now, you repeat the union and normalize 4 times, then perform a single insert which will always insert the first row of the xml set. Use the repeater to walk through the output of the normalize to get all rows, and then feed the SQL insert with it.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i read your texts and i put the repeater after the normalize but in the SQL when im going to configure links happens this: i put the mouse near of a field of repeater and i see the value and then i attribute the field to a param but then i make evaluate and its empty....i doing something wrong?

regards

Mário

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it won't affect. Evaluate only is for our offline testing.Actually it will take effect during runtime,don't worry.

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, first i want to say thanks for the help, second in the transaction execution gives an Oracle error ORA-00984 but makes the data insertion in the database tables. thanks a lot

regards

picture of report :

Mário

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mio,

Typically, an error message showing up with a successfully completed database insertion is due to operating in FixedQuery or Query mode instead of Command mode. There are other possible reasons, but this is the usual culprit.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mio,

I,m not able to view your screen due to access permisions in our organsation.

Use Joiner Action Block available in BLS to merge the XML files(only two are allowed at a time).

Use Document acion block for the final Output data of three merged XML files.Put a repeater on created Doucmet action block and insert into the database by calling the query action block.

-Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on Sep 1, 2009 12:59 PM

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on Sep 1, 2009 1:11 PM