Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single user deletion from many roles at a time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all..

i have come across one process , that am assign to do deletion of a user from 70 roles...

my question is...

whether its possible to delete that particular user from all the roles at a time or

need to open each role and then only can delete that user...

suggestions plz.....

regards

pras..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pras,

SU01->provide user name ->change mode->role tab >select all the roles you want to delete then click on delete row.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pras,

SU01->provide user name ->change mode->role tab >select all the roles you want to delete then click on delete row.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

0 Kudos

if i do like that...

whether user comparison will have to that role... automatically or we need to enter into each of the role and do user comparison....

0 Kudos

I do not think that user comparison is required like this

and I guess, a background job for user comparison should already be running in your SAP system to do this task periodically automatically.

Why not try it out, delete one role from su01 and see if in that role, the 'user comparison' status changes ?

0 Kudos

i just had a look with that , i came to know that user comparison is not taking up automatically.....

some other suggestions plz...

if i need to add a user in more than 10 roles at a time means will it be possible...

regards

pras

0 Kudos

yes, it is possible. Infact, it is the normal practice to add those 10 roles to that single user in SU01 direclty.

and as I said, user comparison should be scheduled normally in SAP system landscape to do the things automatically, however not immediately but after some time.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/6714a9439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

If you want user comparison immediately, then you need to do it manually in the role.

0 Kudos

> i just had a look with that , i came to know that user comparison is not taking up automatically.....

> some other suggestions plz...

You can mass compare with transaction PFUD.

0 Kudos

Pras,

when adding or removing roles via SU01 (or SU10 for that matter) no additional comparison is required as far as I'm aware. The transaction does that automatically after the save (i.e. the profiles are assigned to or deleted from the user immediately).

However - you should schedule a regular PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY (recommended daily) to pick up limited role assignments and role changes. There's documentation available in SAP Help or in transaction PFUD.

Regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use transaction code SU01 and enter the user id here.

Now go to Role tab and slect the roles, which u wants to delete and click on delete icon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got solution