SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we differentiate two CAs of same BP based on different addresses?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a customised program to which a file containing BP and Address details is provided. The address need not be the address of BP.

In this program we are using FM "BAPI_ISUACCOUNT_CREATEFROMDATA" to create a CA, in that we pass internal table LT_DATA containing all details.

In case the field ADDR_NO in internal table LT_DATA is blank then when a CA is created the Address field in FKKVKP also remains blank

If we run this program for same BP we need to check the existing CAs and their addresses. If address given in Input file is same as the address of existing CA then use the same CA other wise create a new CA.

But for comparing addresses we need to get the address of existing CA but not possible as address number field in FKKVKP is blank.

As per my understanding for passing address number to FM "BAPI_ISUACCOUNT_CREATEFROMDATA" we first need to have a address number which is only possible if we maintain all the Addresses on BP.

So is it possible to create CA for same BP based on different addresses?

Thanks in Advance,

Hrushikesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can create a Contract account with a new address other than BP address and you can use the same address aswell for creating a contract account.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As you said we can have an address of CA different than the addresses maintianed on BP. So like to know how to create a CA on different address, can you suggest me any FM?

For handling my scenario I am following the below steps:-

1. For checking the existing CAs and their addresses I am executing a Select Query on FKKVKP based on BP, then for each CA of that BP I am calling FM "ISU_ADDRESS_PROVIDE" which will give me the address number and further address details is compared with the address given in Input file. If the address matches use that CA otherwise create a new CA.

2. Now before creating a new CA, I will update the address given in input file on BP by using FM "BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD"

3. This will give me an address number which can be passed in field ADDR_NO of intenal table tcontractaccountdata of FM "BAPI_ISUACCOUNT_CREATEFROMDATA" which is used to create a CA

Is this approach correct? Or there can be other way for this

Thanks in advance,

Hrushikesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to have contract account with same bp but diff. address then

in tran fpp1/fpp2 (create/change contract partner) there's a tab 'address overview'

here you can add the address.

so in tran caa1/caa2(create/change contract account) in the field 'partner/address' just do f4 on the address field.

though it appears in display mode but u can select your address with the f4 help.(Sometimes such things happen here )

hope this was wht u were luking for..

cheers,

Rakesh..