cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configaration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating Async configarion for sending CRM ticket data to third party system every thing is working fine But i want alert to be sent to email weather data transfred to third party system sucessfully or not, If any integration failed, i want error to be sent to my inbox.

Example: if third party system is not working then messages are not integrated to third party in that case i need to get alert to my inbox.

Thanks

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this for how to send alert as emails

/people/pravesh.sharma/blog/2009/07/02/configuration-for-forwarding-alerts-as-emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fatima

this alerts are only for errors but i want for sucess full and unsucessfull integration,

Can some one explain me detailed

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babloo,

We do have Alert configuration mechanism to tirgger mails if any error occurs during the runtime.Plese refer the follwing link for defining and configuring alerts.There are so many blogs already availble apart form thiese.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172154&overrid...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd17...

Thanks,

Ram.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baabloo Babu,

You can do this.

Follow the below link to create aler catageory

[Alert Configuration u2013 Step by Step Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172154&overridelayout=true]

While configuring in Runtime workbench --> Alert Configuration --> where did Error occur --> Select Adapter Engine .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want not only error message even the integratin is sucessfull i want alert.....

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I want not only error message even the integratin is sucessfull i want alert.....

Then you need to have BPM!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are getting alerts for error messages, If there is no alert then it is successful.

Why do you want alerts for successful scenario's.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Such requirements are to ensure the end user that everything went fine....and he does not have to keep on pressing F5 to check the status (an example)......once a success/ failure email comes it should indicate the status!

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babloo,

Then Multi mapping will solve your problem.create one more interface for mail also with required MT,DT as content to be sent to receiver .Do multi mapping.(1:2) in MM an IM ,In ID create one more communication channel for mail with the third party receipient and Use Enhanced interface detemination for both interface deteminations which will send sucessfull msg into the receiver third party system and sucess mesage to mail also.

Thanks,

Ram.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if third party system is not working then messages are not integrated to third party in that case i need to get alert to my inbox.

In this case Adapter Engine will throw the error (to be particular Channel)....define an alert category in ALRTCATDEF and have your user-id assigned as receiver......in SU01 your user-id should have the email address mentioned.

Which Inbox you are talking about....RWB ---> Alert Inbox or your email Inbox

If it is RWB --> Alert Inbox only then no need of maintaining email address in SU01

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Sep 1, 2009 3:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for quick response,

I want alerts to be sent to third party contact persons email Inbox, he will not be having any account in SU01 isn't it? so how can i configure?

Babu

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babloo,

There is a possibility to maitain distribution list to trigger mail alerts to a group of ids can you chek that or refer the following thread for the similar discussion by Aamir .

Thanks,

Ram.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then in that case you need to create one! ..... and since the email id of the person will not have the company domain same as where the server is it may happen that email cannot be send (not sure about this whether email can go to person whose email id is maintained in some other domain)

If not then I fear you need to implement BPM

Receive ---> Send(SYnc)...if any error BPM will catch it ---> In the Exception Handler block have a Send Step to send email to the third party person.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Can u send me any links BPM config to do this type alerting,

May blog or any pdf's

Babu

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babloo Babu,

Refer this link.. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Check This Thread [Issue with Alerts using BPM : Trigerred for Successful messages also |;

Thanks.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For BPM:

Receive --> transformation(in any) > SendSync(to Third Party)> Check for the response -> If error throw an alert/send email> if success send the email.

Have your SyncSend Step inside a Block.....Right-click on the block and say Insert....insert an Exception Branch....the control will go to this branch when the SyncSend goes into error state......in the Exception Branch include a Control Step (with Action as Throw Alert)....include one more Control Step (with Action as Cancel Process) immmediately after the first Throw Alert step.

If Sync Send is successful then outside the Block have a Send step which will send a Success email to the designated email address.

Regards,

Abhishek.