cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Functionality on Click of button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement whereby I have to trigger an email once my Adobe a custom button is clicked. It should also be saved in the local system ( which of course, it does ).

Please provide some leads on this. How do I put a custom 'Email' button on the form? How and where do I code the event for click. What are the pre requisites for the entire excercise?

Thank you.

Regards,

Prosenjit.

Edited by: prosenjit chaudhuri on Sep 1, 2009 6:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One reason it was not working was the system was CRM 6, Interactive Forms button addition is supported from CRM 7 onwards.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prosenjit,

Two ways to achieve this.

Solution 1

If you are implementing Web Dynpro then when the on Submit event is triggered from Adobe form and control comes to Adobe form you can write a method which uses Java mail APIs and sends the email to desired recipient.

Solution 2

1. Use the EmailSubmitButton from Standard library. Maintain the Email Address and Subject in Field palette for the button. Now hide this field using following JavaScript in form:ready event of your subform.

EmailSubmitButton1.presence = "hidden";

2. Next use following JavaScript in click event of your Save/Submit button.

EmailSubmitButton1.execEvent("click");

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thats of great help!

However I find that the click event is disabled, can you please tell why?

Regards,

Prosenjit.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prosenjit,

What type of button are you using for Save and from which library?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I chose the EmailSubmitButton from My favourites.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prosenjit,

The button should work fine. I think the form you are developing might not be interactive.

For checking on how to change it check my reply in this thread:

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

How about adding one button in the standard toolbar that we see when the Adobe is displayed, can we embed code for the onclick event of the custom button?

Regards,

Prosenjit.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prosenjit,

Did you check the steps I mentioned in the previos post?

Also to my knowledge you cannot add custom buttons to Adobe Toolbar.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chintan,

I am calling this Adobe from WDA application.

The email button must be in the Adobe, not on the WDA window.

When I am following your steps, the button comes like a normal image in the form.

All the other other data that is being displayed in the Adobe is supposed to be read only.

I just put an submitemailbutton on a fresh form, even there I find, its click event is disabled!!

Regards,

Prosenjit.

Edited by: prosenjit chaudhuri on Sep 3, 2009 10:46 AM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prosenjit,

I think there is some BIG confusion. When I meant Adobe Toolbar, its the one which is present in Adobe Reader as shown [here|http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7710/capture0000.png].

Now probably when you meant Adobe Toolbar you were referring to Standard Library palette which is available in the LiveCycle Designer as shown [here|http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2523/capture0001q.png].

Also do following steps to ensure your form is Interactive Form

1. Check the enabled property for the InteractiveForm UI element in your Properties in the View Designer. It has to be true.

2. readOnly property needs to be false as well.

3. Lastly check the Form properties In your Adobe Live Cycle Designer, goto Edit -> Form Properties -> Preview Type --> You should have selected Interactive Form and Dynamic XML form as shown [here|http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5404/capture0002.png].

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintan,

Yes you are right, I was using the library palette, but since I can't see ur images, can you tell me wherre and how to access to the Adobe Reader?

I have an XML schema for the Interactive Form UI element, when I set enabled property to 'Yes' the application starts to dump.

Regards,

Prosenjit.

Edited by: prosenjit chaudhuri on Sep 3, 2009 1:22 PM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prosenjit,

If its block in your company then try to access it from home

And regarding the dump, you need to open a new thread and paste the log there to analyse.

Also check with your BASIS if they installed Reader Rights credential as per the ADS configuration guide.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem. I'm not using web dynpro at this point, just simple adob form for the ABAP print program. I have a button "Submit by Email" from standary library. Email address is entered. The form property is set to interactive.

However, when i generate the form in the print program, the button comes out as an image, not real button you can click on.

I'm using Acrobat Reader 9.0 to display the form.

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Thanks

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lily,

Print forms do not support Interactive features and they are mutually exclusive i.e. either you will have a Print form or an Interactive Form.

Chintan