cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Transport Strategies with CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using CMS as transport system for repository and directory objects so I wanted to ask about your experiences and how optimal transport should be done.

1. Should transport be done on SWVC or namespace level? Is transport of single objects, e.g. mapping or interfaces recommended in case just a single objects was changed?

2. Directory: Should always a Configuration Scenario be transported? As communication channels have to be reconfigured, what would be the best approach if e.g. receiver determinations have changed and I do not want to reconfigure communication channels again?

Thank you very much for your input.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your advise. Then I will proceed as proposed.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

>>Should transport be done on SWVC or namespace level? Is transport of single objects, e.g. mapping or interfaces recommended in case just a single objects was changed?

I would say the transport options for IR depends on the requirement, If you have changed/deleted a single object then that object alone should be transported to QA/PROD. IF more objects are imported then the namespace transport is advisable and if objects belonging to diferent namespaces are involved then SWCV transport (even individual obect is possible)

>>Directory: Should always a Configuration Scenario be transported? As communication channels have to be reconfigured, what would be the best approach if e.g. receiver determinations have changed and I do not want to reconfigure communication channels again?

First transport, all objects of the configuration scenario should be transported. And later only teh changed object and configuration scenario name (if an object is deleted then that should also be transported),.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest the following:

1. Should transport be done on SWVC or namespace level? Is transport of single objects, e.g. mapping or interfaces recommended in case just a single objects was changed?

For IR it would be better if you transport single object. There would be a case when in a software component version there would be many interface mappings or message mapping and you dont want to transport all of them unless they are tested successfully. Hence the best approach would be to transport only those objects which have been tested successfully.

2. Directory: Should always a Configuration Scenario be transported? As communication channels have to be reconfigured, what would be the best approach if e.g. receiver determinations have changed and I do not want to reconfigure communication channels again?

For ID it would be advisable to transport the whole configuration scenario. As you have mentioned above about the communication channels, I think you will have to reconfigure the channels. Correct me if i'm wrong but according to my knowledge the channel details have to be given once again after transport.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Sarvesh Desai