Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms: Generating forms for multiple IDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on Smartforms and have few queries:

1. Can we control the generation of the invoices at the form level? In my example, through the driver program I am passing all the tables at one go and not in a 'loop'. Now I want to control that after the generation of invoice for 1st customer, the form should start generating the invoice for the next customer.

say, for customer 1, there were 10pages generated. On completion of this, it should start with the next customer.

2. Can the tables inside the smartforms be controlled dynamically?

Scenario:

a) The data which i am getting in the table:

Carrier Line Flight date Departure Price

LH 407 2/9/2009 11:00:00 768 USD

LH 407 12/9/2009 11:00:00 768 USD

LH 407 21/9/2009 11:00:00 768 USD

The output required:

Carrier Line Flight date Departure Price

LH 407 2/9/2009 11:00:00 768 USD

407 12/9/2009 11:00:00 768 USD

407 21/9/2009 11:00:00 768 USD

If there are multiple records for the same carrier, the rows should be mergedfor that particular column.

Kindly suggest what should be done?

Warm Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Skeptical abt the 1st --may not be possible.

The 2nd Scenario is possible in smartforms.Sort the internal table before print, then compare the value with the pervious record and print.

Regard,

Aditya

Edited by: aditya on Sep 1, 2009 3:22 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any opinions on this...?

Regards

s.a.k

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use loop node to loop on all customers inside this loop use main window to print data for First custmoner, use a command node at end of main window with appropriate condition so that it triggers a new page on change of customers.

let the command node point to first page itself. again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you come again on my concern...

for customer 1, there were 10pages generated. On completion of this, it should start with the next customer.

Means you want to generate different spools for each customer..or else...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

What I meant was that after generating invoice for the first cutomer, without going back to the driver program, it should start generating invoice for the next customer.

For example, there are ten customers. Through the driver program I have passed all the required data to the smartform at one go and not in a Loop(i am not calling the smartform separetly for each customer). Now the control comes to the smartform and it starts the processing for the first customer and generated around 10 pages. Now, for the second customer, it should refer back to the first page and start the processing again. This will follow for the rest of the customers.

All this should happen in the smartform only(Function module).

Hope this is clear.

Please suggets.

Regards

Amit