Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Pegging for CTM Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

we are using CTM for MTO Scenario. Issue which we are facing is as below

Sales order "A" created for quantity 10 with delivery date of 25-Sept-2009. CTM has Planned a receipt element (PR) with delivery date of 25-Sept-2009. Now this receipt element (PR) delivery date has been changed to 10-Sept-2009.

Problem now is if a new Sales order "B" is created with delivery date of 15-Sept-2009, earlier planned receipt (PR) is getting Pegged to this new Sales order "B" and the old sales order"A" is now available for Planning. Since we are using MTO Scenario, we do not want the Pegging to be distrubed and we want only Sales Order "B" to be planned.

Is there some setting in APO which will result in meeting our objective ?

Note: we are using Fixed Pegging in the CTM Profile. Also Fixed Pegging is de-active at Client level and it is not enable even in product-location combination.

Regards,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional information to my original post...

Letu2019s say there is Sales Order with delivery date of 25-Sept-2009.

CTM runs and it creates PR with delivery date of 25-Sept-2009 with Fixed Pegging to the Sales Order. These PRs are transferred to ECC and then Vendor collaboration happens for these PRs. Lets say Vendor has changed the delivery date of the PR to 5-Oct-2009 in ECC and this change reflects in APO. Now we have the Sales Order delivery date as 25-Sept-2009 and PR delivery date as 5-Oct-2009 and the pegging is still fixed Pegging. At this point of time if I create another Sales order with delivery date of 1-Oct-2009, then the previous fixed pegging is not disturbed and only the new sales order is available for CTM Planning.

But if I convert the PR to PO, then the pegging becomes Dynamic Pegging and now if I create another Sales order with delivery date of 1-Oct-2009, then the pegging is LOST and the PO gets Pegged to this new Sales Order and the old sales orders is now available for Planning. What we want is the pegging should not become dynamic and it should be fixed even after we convert PR to PO and hence only new Sales Order should be available for CTM planning.

I already tried setting the Fixed Pegging value to 1 and also checked u201CDeactivate Dynamic Peggingu201D in the product --> location combination under demandà pegging tab, but it is not working.

Pls let me know if you could think of any solution / workaround, apart from changing the old S.O delivery date to 5-Oct-2009.

Regards,

Pawan

former_member306828
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

we have the same problem that fixed pegging is lost after PR -> PO conversion. Did you get any reply to your question how the current system behaviour can be prevented or phrase it differently, how fixed pegging can be preserved even after PR to PO conversion?

Thank you

Peter