cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Request ID from ODS - delete entire contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have attemted to delete a single failed load in an ODS and that deleted all other data loads in the ODS. The selection for this one load was made in the management screen of the ODS and the delete icon used at the bottom of the screen. No SAP notes can be found with regards to this.

Please help!

Karin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Do you have the earlier data in PSA? In this case, you can load from PSA.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not understand what exactly you did ? But to my knowledge of ODS. If you delete an earlier request (Thats what you said I guess) then it automatically deletes all the previous Requests from ODS.

Hence make sure that all the data in the Active Table loaded via Requests is correct, else if you try to delete an earlier request, It will delete the entire contents loaded after that request.

Can try for Selective Deletion in case of ODS, if that is not working.

Hope it helps,

Pradip Parmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip

Thanks for quick response. The load we deleted was the very last load that was uploaded into the ODS. All requests below this was green and activated. Hope that explains it better!

0 Kudos

hi Karen,

perhaps check if somebody by accident delete the whole content, run transaction SLG1, you can limit with object RSSM; sub object SDL.

in next screen check if any 'external-id' = 'delta_init_delete-8odsname', take a look also other node.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the data is there in the Reconstruction Tab. You can very well have it again in the Requests Tab by Reconstructing all again.

As you mentioned all the rest of the requests were Green and Active.

Hope it helps,

Pradip Parmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the log

@5B\QInformation@ Delete init-selection in SS (SS/RNR/IPAK/USER): ZSECPB1490 REQU_6KC8XJD2EYT8BEZQ7UVGY5AZC GOSSJG

As you can see, only one request was selected, however more than 1 was deleted. This happened in out PRD client last week, but I have also done a deletion on another ODS in our QA client this morning and the same happened?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

not all requests allows to be reconstructed, which we have done. However the problem is that we need to find why this is happening because it does take time to reconstruct and depending how far back the data goes, reconstruction is not always possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had also encountered a similar situation, where in I had deleted an earlier request around 15 odd requests down, and it deleted all the earlier requests.

But I then reconstructed all the requests back and they were all available again in the Active Table.

Hence I think that should work.

Regarding the time it takes, In my case there were around 300 Thousand records, and it took roughly 1 hr for the activity and it was in production.

Hope it helps,

Pradip Parmar