cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound record - preserving the Key mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on a scenario , which i cannot suceed doing it. the senario goes as follows

1) The Company ABC is located in 3 location( USA,India,Twain)

2) The data for each is being maintained in thier respecitve ERP systesm ( USA ERP, INDIA ERP & Twain ERP).

3) Now I Want to see how much is the qty purchased globally for example say USA - 100, India - 200, Twain - 300 then I

want to see only one record in MDM ( ABC gobal - 600) but still showing up the key mapping details when I do it.

How can I do it? Does we need do any thing once all the records are imported into data manager? or is there some way that I can follow see that qty being summed up to ABC Gobal maintain the key mapping details.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Another solution could be to create in your main table 3 fields + a calculated field as a sum of all and map the amounts in the import manager depending on the source systems. With this you can update independantly the amount and keep the key mapping of all 3 source systems.

Regards

Jutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MDM tool is used for managing master data nad manipulations based on master records attributes as a guideline should not be handled in MDM. for this requirement you may even try to build a report based on calculation logic using BI?EDWH may be.

If this is one single such instance requirement then you can try with the option of a calculted field in the data model as suggested by others.

Best regards

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Summing up qtys at remote key level is not possible as far I know. You can do this as mentioned below :

1) Create 2fields in the mail table - Company and ABC global Sales .Set ABC global sales field as a calculated field.

2) Create a Qualified lookup table - Sales Qty with -

Non-qualifier - Country (Eg.USA)

Qualifier - Sales QtyEg.(100)

3) Set a calculated expression for ABC global sales field as SUM(Sales Qty.SalesQty)

4) Now when you maintain Sales qty for the company against each region and save the record, total sales qty (global) gets added in the field ABC global Sales .

5) If you are migrating records in bulk, create an import map to load country specific sales qtys into Qualified table from each remote system. Post import process, you can find the total qty in the main table field ABC global Sales.

6) You can as well store remote system specific qtys as remote keys for your reference by creating .

Hope above mentioned solution would suffice your requirement.

Regards,

Vinay M.S