cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 scenario -- File to File , File to IDOC and IDoc to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

*I have PI 7.0 . I have in that File to File , File to IDOC and IDoc to File Scenarios*

File to File -- This scenario is working fine.

File to IDOC -- Setting done in PI 7.0 like SM59, IDXI, IDX2 and in R/3 like SALE (logical system)--- This scenario is working fine.

IDoc to File -- Seeting done in R/3 like SALE (Logical system, Distrubtion Model (Port, Partner Profile)) -- This scenario is working fine.

Now I need to move to PI 7.1 -- for File to File , File to IDOC and IDoc to File Scenarios.

Please let me know do I require to make any changes in Design and Configuration and settings in PI 7.1 and R/3 for above scenarios or it will work fine as it is already working for PI 7.0

If changes are required please let me know what changes to do for each scaenario and pls also send blogs for that.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Everything should work fine but you will have to do some certain checks like:

In R/3:

RFC Destination(SM59)and Port(we21) pointing to the PI 7.1

Partner profile (WE20)entries for the correct partner

In PI:

Idoc Metadata should be imported.(IDX2)

Port pointing to R/3 must be created.(IDX1)

Check the Business systems in SLD.

These are the basic settings you will have to do to communicate with R/3.

Regards,

Sarvesh Desai

Edited by: Sarvesh Nispat Desai on Sep 1, 2009 10:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all the Business System are same as in PI7.0 then it should work without any change otherwise make changes in ID accordingly.

Also make sure to update the metadata of IDOC in PI7.1.

--Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc metadeta is updated through idx2?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Idoc metadeta is updated through idx2?

>

> Regards

Corrct.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Idoc metadeta is updated through idx2?

>

> Regards

If there is no metadata maintained for an idoc type, the metadata for that idoc type gets loaded when an idoc of that type is received by PI for the first time. If you are looking at loading metadata of all idoc types before the first run, its really not required. Just make sure that the port is configured properly. Although, there is no harm in preloading the metadata using IDX2.

You need to use IDX2 mandatorily when the the metadata changes and the metadata in ECC and PI is different. In that case, you need to delete metadata for the changed IDoc type and then either you can update the metada through IDX2 or let the system take care of.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All scenarios should work perfectly in PI7.1 withpour chnages.But check once again for Configurations in R3 side as well PI side.