cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing SAP NW on MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to install SAP NW Server (ABAP and Java Stack) on MaxDB. I have downloaded the MaxDB from SAP marketplace.

While installation we got one error saying "not able to find the file 'LABEL.ASC' file in current directory." Then I checked the installation directory, and that file was not present in that directory. For that i mannaully created that file with contents "MAXDB:760xx:RDBMS:MAX DB:WINDOWS_I386:*" as my m/c is win32:i386 and started the installation.

After successful installation of some steps I got following error in step u201CCreating Database instanceu201D.

u201CAn error occurred while processing service SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 1 > SAP Systems > MaxDB > Central System > Central System Installation.u201D

I checked the log file also. It is saying

"FSL-06002 Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (266), with parameter (ClusSvc)." and

ERROR 2009-08-31 18:22:37

MDB-07001 No action defined for actor.

The dbmcli call for action DB_CREATE failed. Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG.

The dbmcli call for action DB_CREATE failed. Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG.

FCO-00011 The step sdb_create_db_instance with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|in

d|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|SdbPreInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|SdbInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|SDB_INST

ANCE_CREATE|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|sdb_create_db_instance was executed with status ERROR .

Is anybody experienced this type of error??

Thanks in Advance,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> While installation we got one error saying "not able to find the file 'LABEL.ASC' file in current directory." Then I checked the installation directory, and that file was not present in that directory. For that i mannaully created that file with contents "MAXDB:760xx:RDBMS:MAX DB:WINDOWS_I386:*" as my m/c is win32:i386 and started the installation.

This is usually not necessary. If you have the DVDs/CDs corresponding to the installation master this is not needed.

> "FSL-06002 Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

> ) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (266), with parameter (ClusSvc)." and

Are you trying to setup a cluster?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Actually we don't have DVD/CD of MaxDB, we have downloaded the SAR file of MaxDB from marketplace whcih does not contains that file.

and we are not trying to setup a cluster.

Regards,

Prashant

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Actually we don't have DVD/CD of MaxDB, we have downloaded the SAR file of MaxDB from marketplace whcih does not contains that file.

Download the installation DVD, not just the SAR file (those are just the patches and don't contain the expected structure).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much..

I will try to download the DVD and retry the installation again. I will get back to you if i need more.

Thanks again..

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have used the installation DVD with proper structure and this folder has 'Label.asc' file also, but i got the new errors. Error message is :

ERROR 2009-09-09 14:55:56
The dbmcli call for action ACTIVATE failed. Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG.
ERROR 2009-09-09 14:55:59
The dbmcli call for action ACTIVATE failed. Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG.
ERROR 2009-09-09 14:55:59
FCO-00011  The step sdb_instance_activate with step key 
|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|
NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_CreateDB|i
nd|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|SdbPreInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|
SdbInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|S
DB_INSTANCE_CREATE|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|sdb_instance_activate was executed with status ERROR .

The step 'sdb_create_db_instanc' successfully executed which not executed properly previously. I got error after this step.

Any Pointers??

Thanks,

Prashant

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you do what the error message suggested?

Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG. Additionally you might want to check knldiag.

The error message also states, that step sdb_instance_activate failed with an error - it was not successful...

Regards, Melanie