cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Plan cost report - not showing any output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created several projects and done the planning. I have used work centers and activity types for manpower cost planning. Also created some PRs against the project.

When I goto the network activities and select the line item in the menu path Edit - costs - Planned/Actual - cost planned /actual

It shows me the planned cost of the activity correctly.

But when I am running the report CJI4, it shows nothing. The report is not at all executing.

I dont understand why it's \not showing.

I have checked the control key PS01 for the cost field is enabled (tick available on the cost friled)

Can any one please help me??

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see Hari's comment

he is right

if you want to wrie plan line items then you have to activate this business transaction using user status

note as networks are changed very often - this will have performance issues

if you do not use networks then for WBS it should not be an issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I dont think it was Hari, who said that to get planned cost line items, User status must allow the business transaction, write plan items.. I think it is Ahmed who commented this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed and Virendra,

Please refer to my post in reply to Hari. We can also do the cost planning w/o using the user status with the help of WBSE integrated planning.

But that is also not working.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx all,

I am closing this thread.

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As per Std SAP, The system does not write plan line items for the unit costing or for the network costing in CJI4.

Check the below link for your reference.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/80/94853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Hope this helps you !!

Br

Hari,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check for the authorization for reports.

also regenerate the report.

GR5L - Report Groups

GR3L - Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Thanks for your reply.

But what should I maintain in the report GR5L & GR3L?

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In that transaction

enter the Library for which the transaction belong.

and press execute

it shows the details

select it and click on the Regenerate option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Please check that the WBS element is integrated in plan, and the plan integration is fully activated in the project.

2) Plan line items are only written in certain cases.

The following rules are valid:

1. Plan line items can be written in

a) structure-oriented cost planning CJ40 (total values, annual values),

b) cost planning on orders KO12,

c) unit costing independent of cost elements,

d) structure-oriented revenue planning CJ42 (total values, annual values)

e) structure-oriented financial budgeting CJ48 (total values, annual values, period values)

f) primary cost planning,

g) activity planning,

h) revenue element planning.

2. Plan line items are never written in

a) Unit costing on cost element level

b) Network costing

3. Line items are only written if a user status permits the business transaction 'Write plan line items' explicitly.

Exception:

For plan-integrated WBS elements and orders, line items are written in cost-element oriented planning if integrated corporate planning is activated in the fiscal-year parameters of the respective plan version, regardless of the user status.

4. Plan line items for structure-oriented planning can only be displayed in the respective planning transaction under menu option "Extras-->Line items".

Let me know if this was useful

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Thanks for your reply.

1) Please check that the WBS element is integrated in plan, and the plan integration is fully activated in the project.

What do you mean by this? And how can I check that the WBSE is integrated in plan?

If the above said points are valid then what I am doing is right, the Total Planned cost is showing at the network activity level.

g) activity planning,

But why not in ther report CJI4?

Can you please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

What kind of cost planning are you using?

If you are using following planning then no plan line items will be created.

1. Cost plan values in networks

2. Unit costing in WBS elements

3. Cost-element independent structure planning in WBS elements

I assueme there lies your problem.

Another thing i want you to do is to activate WBS element plan integration in SPRO and create a new project and cost plan and check. Ensure that you do not create a unit cost plan.

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

I am doing cost planning in Network activities.

Where I can set this WBS element plan integration in SPRO ? I have checked in the project profile, but there is no such option available.

I have also checked in network type OPSC transaction, there is a field available Planning, it was not selected earlier, now I have selected and created a new project and network activities, the planned cost is again showing at network activity level only not in the report CJI4.

Please clarify me.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen,

I hope you should be clear with the above post. As you are using Network costing in your scenario, Activity costs don't picks as planned line items as per standard SAP.

Br

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to see the planned cost in the report *S_ALR_87013565 - Planned Contribution Margin *, but why not in the report CJI4

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hari,

The below is mentinoed in the link provided by you

If planning integration is active in the fiscal-year-dependent parameters of the relevant planning versions, the system writes cost element planning line items for plan-integrated WBS elements, regardless of user status.

You make the setting in the Costs component of the Project System IMG

It means that though I dont use the user status, still the plan cost can be written for plan-integrated WBS elements.

But I'm not able to understand this plan-integrated WBS elements. What is this? Ans where it is enabled?

Can you pelase clarify?

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You can get the Overall planned values in S_ALR_87013565 - Planned Contribution Margin from RPSCO table but no plan line items will be generated in tables - COSS & COSP.to show in CJI4..as there is no planned item read for network activities..

Hope this clears you !!

Br

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Activate WBS element plan integration in the following path

SPRO> PS> Costs_> Planned costs>MAnual cost planning> Activate WBS element plan integration

Again, please do not carry out network costing, only do manual cost planning and you will be able to see the planned value in CJI4. All line item reports ( CJI series) use plan line item entries from table COEP. Check whether your plan items are available in this table ( check based on the WBS)

Let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I have tried the way you suggested. I have activated WBS element plan integration . Created new project and done the planning in the network.

But how can I carry out the cost planning activity and material wise?

I have even tried CJ40 after the above, but still the report is not working.

Can you pleae clarify me.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you see if any entry is created for the WBS in table COEP? If it is not means that the project is not writing plan line items .

Then do following:

Create a detailed cost plan for the cost element or use activity input to create a cost plan in CJ40. This should definitely write plan line items.

Let me know