cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Invoice Approval Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to trigger workflow when any billingis generated with the transaction VF01.

After research, I've found that there might be no standard workflow for approval of Sales Invoice.

However I've found the business object VBRK.

shall I have to write the new workflow for this with the Business object VBRK or is that anything which SAP gives in standard and I'm not able to find it..?

Please help...

Naimish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Like credit/debit memos you can use Workflow. But after creation of billing docuemnt via VF01 what is the use of workflow?

There is no standard workflow available for this. Make required changes in existing one for credit debit memo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Workflow will be used for the case of crditmemo request/debit memo request to delete the billing block and in the case of payment block for the billing document.

So when we create an invoice and then triggering a workflow is not possible in general.But it is meaningless also triggering a workflow for billing document creation unless it has a pyment block or posting block.

If it has a payment block then the block will be removed by this workflow.

But for your case,indtead of going for workflow,you can send the invoice through mail.It is also similar to workflow to intimate the person that so and so number is generated.

You can try with this option of sending a mail when you create a billing document.

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This case is really similar with SAP standard workflow template.

Please go to transaction SWDD and check out workflow "WS20000009".

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not having indepth knowledge of SD. I know main SD objects like quotation, Sales Order, Billing document etc.

My requirement is that when any billing document is created, by it should go for the approval to the Sales manager and after the approval only the billing block is removed and accounting document of the invoice is generated.

If for the above requirement, still you have any particular process identified, please let me know.

I'm exploring the suggesions that you have given me.

Thanks for the answers.

Naimish...

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is that when any billing document is created, by it should go for the approval to the Sales manager and after the approval only the billing block is removed and accounting document of the invoice is generated.

Hi

As per your requirement, you should have a billing block at sales order level, because of that user will not able to create billing document. At the time of sales order save event workflow will trigger to respective authority based on sales value. The list of authorities along with their respective authorisied amount should maintain in a table.

Based on that table workflow will trigger to respective person.

That person will authorised to accept/reject that document, if accepted billing block will automatically removed from the sales order and SOP personnel can now create the billing for that.

The whole scenario explained is for credit/debit memos.

Please check your requirement and contact your ABAPer/Workflow expert.