Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from...to boundary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following problem:

I am trying to find out which tasks are accomplished in a specific period. In an R/3 table the data of different tasks are stored including the date of the task.

What I am trying is to get all tasks which are accomplished from f.e. 01/05/2006 to f.e. 31/05/2006.

Therefore I have added in an input form two Date Pickers (for "from" and for "to").

In order to get that list I think I have to go for dynamic expressions. I have already tried to use boolean expressions and operators like "<=" and ">=" but it didn´t work that way. But to be honest I am also not sure about the syntax for this specific scenario.

I would appreciate any idea. Perhaps anybody could give me an example of the syntax.

Thanks very much

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rodrigo-Giner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me see if I get it what u want.

U want to get the data of tasks from a R/3 backend system in a determinated time.

if so, u dont need to get involved with dinamic expression, u only have to make a function in R3 with attribute accesss remote (RFC).

If the dates are input by the user, make two input parameters ( fromDate and toDate ) put the estructure of the table that u wanna output in the table tabs. If the dates r constants dont put any input parameters.

And in the code, construct your SELECT in the WHERE put the dates ( input or constants) so u have in the table that u defined in Table tab the data that u need. Test it in R/3 and then u only have to use that RFC function in VC.

if this solution works for u, but u have problems implementing the program let me know.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Here is the link to the document integrating SQL in Visual Composer:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6339e7d4-0a01-0010-1c98-db0...

Cheers

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Sorry for my late reply. That´s a very good idea. However I have also found another way of doing this. You can also do that by using SQL. I have found a document integrating SQL in VC with an example of filtering between 2 values.

I think that is also a very interesting approach.

Cheers

Thomas

Rodrigo-Giner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u pass the link of this document to check it out ?