cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Definition WS20000077 and sequence of the events, significantly...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Workflow Gurus

beeing more or less a wf rookie I'm not quite shure if there is any solution within the workflow (wf) setup and would appreciate your comments.

I'm going to activate the wf definition WS20000077. It bases on Business Object BUS2105, so we're talking about the overall release strategy of an purchase requisition (PR). SAP provides a predefined workflow and I thought I just activate it and use some MM-Customizing to run it. However it seems to be not so easy.

The settings are done as described in some books and manuals. I activated the starting event, assigned the user and it's working perfectly with the standard case. In case I release the PR the message will be send to the workflow initiator and it closes the WF.

In case I refuse it, it doesn't run through the task TS20000161 "Requisition release refused". Instead it processes outcome "Requisition changed significantly".

The event trace (nice tool in this case) points out that both events are started. Unfortunately first "SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED" and afterwards the required one "REJECTED". I tried to debug the creation of the events several times, however got lost in the jungle.

Are there any of you who run the workflow and doesn't have the problem within ECC6.0. Sure notes are checked and within some other threads I found several times the topic "when is significantlychanged created". However these doesn't help me so far. Is there any chance to sort the events within wf? I can't deactive this event because in case of an significant change (new item or s.th.) I really need it and it should end the workflow. I also checked SWE2/3 and I can't see any failures so far.

For poor guys with the same problem: my current workaround is to trigger the tasks (for instance TS20000161) with the event directly, however it's running in parallel and it's not too nice in the great graphical wf protocol.

Any feedback is appreciated. Also the statement "we run it without any problems" which refires my ambition to spend another day in the debugging mode.

Cheers,

Dirk

Edited by: Dirk Martin on Sep 1, 2009 9:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I faced the same kind of problem in PO WF , I handle that by using FORK step ( 2 steps only one nessessary )

in one path put all the thing as in std WF and in the 2nd path I use wait for event for "REJECTED" and did what I want to do for Rejection.

by that you can achive yr goal.

PR Worktiem will go to the Agent. if he Reject it then wI will finich and that will follow the significantlychanged path , But at the same time the Rejected even will also got catch so ..

by this or with some use of container operation step lik counter you can achive yr requirment

no need to debug. as I think in ECC 6.0 Rejected work like this only

Let me Know if it solve yr problem

thanks

kakoli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kokoli,

thanks for the fast feedback.

That supports my idea we'll run into trouble with the standard setting and need any kind of workaround. I appreciate your idea and will discuss it in parallel to mine.

Enjoy some rewards and I am interested in further comments in the threat.

If this is standard behavior I'd like to raise a note for it to find some solution there.

Cheers,

Dirk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

at the end we modified the workflows.

Deleted the task TS20000161/163 and activate the subworkflow WS654000029.

Thanks for all your comments,

Dirk

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the follow up...Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

I am facinf the same issue I deactivated tasks TS20000161/163 in WS20000077 and inserted an activity with subworkflow WS65400029, but it still not working, is there anything else I have to do? I also deactivated significantly change. Do you have somedetial steps on this? it seems pretty simple but I may be missing something.

Thank You for your help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

I am facing the same issue I deactivated tasks TS20000161/163 in WS20000077 and inserted an activity with subworkflow WS65400029, but it still not working, is there anything else I have to do? I also deactivated significantly change. Do you have somedetial steps on this? it seems pretty simple but I may be missing something.

Thank You for your help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement, u can activate workflow WS65400029. It is trigger on the basis of 'REJECTION_START' event. When you reject the PR, this event will get triggred and through this workflow u can send notification to initiator regarding the PR rejection.

Hope this will help you.

Smit Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smit Shah

also this was a welcome statement.

So you faced the same problem as well and found a workaround. Good to know.

FYI: triggering the task directly provides the message as well and as we won't have further steps in the WF I guess we choose this way.

Additional question is, does anyone know why this happens or is anyone running the WS2000077 without this problem?

Cheers,

Dirk

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

For this issue, you can use the Check FM and you have to capture the status and raise the exception accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Swaminathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaminathan,

that sounds very interesting.

Please let me double check if I catched it.

Which FM do you mean. I have "ME_REL_CHECK_EVENT_PARAM" as discribed in note 597784 in place. (recognised that the note is for previous releases, however I gave it a try). This should be implemented in the transaction SWE3, right?

As I did it and it doesn't solve my topic so far, I'ld like to ask, if you mean this one?

Other settings are: linkage is activated and as receiver FM I have SWW_WI_COMP_EVENT_RECEIVE_IBF in place.

Thanks in advance and sure I'll come back with the rewards immediately.

Best regards,

Dirk

Edited by: Dirk Martin on Sep 1, 2009 2:33 PM