cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for PO list - by user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleague,

We want to define authorization on POs list in a way that every user will see only his own POs and also will be able to change only his own PO.

As far as I know the authrization on POs list can be defined in PFCG in the role but only by Purchasing Organization or Purchasing group.

We have a lot of users under the same Purch. group so using the Purch. group authorization is not good enough for us.

Does anyone know how can we define the Requester as the POs list authorizations?

Thanks in advance,

Keren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cannot in SAP standard. you either have to align the persons with the purchasing group or face major developments. adjusting the PO lists as well as all the main transactions, like ME2, MASS, BAPI_PO and the dozens i have not found until today will keep a horde of abappers busy for some time. plus: you lose visibility ... transparancy. if you'll ever face an audit, such wide action needs explaining.

facing all this it seems a small effort to assign every person her/his purchasing group ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Can I use BADI BBP_WF_LIST for this porpuse?

Thanks,

Keren

Former Member
0 Kudos

keren, no.

this cannot be done using a single BADI (which will only enhance ... what?? ME2*N?). you have not only the lists to check for authorization, but also all transactions called from that list ... which can be even a BAPI.

please write the specs of what you will need and consult one of your abappers for detailled analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mylene,

We need to control only the PO list and the authorization to edit those POs.

As far as know we do not need any transactions called from that list... please mention if you think I'm wrong..

Thanks,

keren

Former Member
0 Kudos

that list allows for editing PO's. if you implement your authoritiy-check there and only there, what happens when some of the users think of editing the PO's another way, say by using ME22N ... surely you would want for the same algorithm to apply there = everyone only her/his own POs. should not the same algorithm apply to changes done via MASS also?

of course, it is your decision ... i'm just trying to write that securing the one list only is not foolproof ...

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keren,

Yes, you can use BAdI BBP_WF_LIST to restrict the list of POs in SRM. Mylene was obviously talking about MM...

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks!

Answers (0)