Rule for Head of Department.
My requirement is to find the HOD of a particular department whose any eployee's id I have.
Can anyone suggest me a rule which actually gets me the Chief of that particular department for which I m passing any user id.
Thanks and Regards,
Im sure there is a better way to do this, but Ill give you the solution that does not require any ABAP coding.
That is to create a role to specifically determine the Director of an Org Unit.
The role should check the Initiators Org Unit and Return the Director of that org unit.
So you will need to setup one Role that contains many responsibility each responsibility is a org unit and you will assign a director to that org unit via POSITION assignment.
Do this by:
1. Create a Role through PFAC.
2. Role Definition = Responsibility.
3. Goto Container Tab and add element of Organizational Unit (P0001-ORGEH). This is your test criteria.
4. Goto Responsibility tab and create and NEW Responsibility -> In the Organizational Unit field enter an Org Unit number and SAVE.
5. Click on the Responsibility you have created and INSERT AGENT ASSIGNMENT -> Assign the Director of that Org unit by Position Number.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each of the Org Units in your company.
7. Save and Test (simulate role resolution) When you enter an Org Unit, the Role should return the Director of that Org Unit.
8. Place this Role into your Decision Step (Approval Step) and ensure you bind the Org Unit of the Initiator to the Role (You may need to create an attribute for Org Unit in your Employee BOR if you have not done so already This may require very minimal coding).
This way is quite simple because you only have a handful of Directors and maintenance would be minimal as you are assigning agents through position numbers.