cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Objects not visible after Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I export all objects of a namespace, delete the objects and the namespace itself and recreate the namespace.

If I import the the objects again, I get the message, that everything is fine and n objects are imported.

But I can't see the objects.

Has anyone a suggestion?

We're working with XI SP15.

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I think the reason for this behaviour is the sophisticated versioning system of the Integration Repository.

The Integration Repository is based on a versioning system which assumes a (virtual) globally unique versioning graph for an object.

Let me explain this at a simple example.

Assume that you create an object O and export this object to a file F1. Let V1 be the version of O which is in F1.

Now let us assume you change O to get a second version V2. You export this to another file F2.

Now let us assume you import both F1 and F2 into another Repository. The question is, which version of O will be active in that other repository. You could assume that this depends on the order of imports. V2 would be valid if you import F1 before F2, otherwise it would be V1. Or maybe you would expect a version conflict.

Both is not true. In fact in each case V2 will be valid. The reason for this is, that V2 'knows' that it is a descendent of V1. Hence, the versioning system will always prefer V2 over V1.

The same holds when you import F1 in the original repository again. This action will not affect O at all, as the repository alreaqdy contains a version (V2) which is newer then the version contained in F1 (namely V1).

Now, the deletion of an object is just creating a new version of an object containing the information that the object is deleted. Hence, when importing your file the versioning system finds out that for all objects you import the repository already contains more actual versions. Hence the imported versions are ignored, as they are considered to be outdated.

The advantage of that logic is, that the transport system becomes independent of transport order. Especially, there is no danger to overwrite an actual (and hopefully more accurate) version by an old one.

The disadvantage is, that you cannot use transport files as backups.

Greetings

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Yes, I do.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"If an object has been deleted, the Integration Builder exports a Delete Version so that the target Integration Repository or Directory deletes the object when it is imported. In exceptional cases, it may be necessary to deactivate the export of delete versions. Delete versions are exported if the Include Deleted Objects checkbox is selected."

Check if this link is of any help to you:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm</a>

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have a conflict tab after the import. And it makes no difference, whether I do or I do not create the namespace before the import.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you are importing the right tpz file!?

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if there is an entry for your namespace under the conflicts tab.

There might have been a version conflict.

If the above does not work, try importing your objects, without creating the namespace.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made a retest with and without including the deleted objects and I see no changes.

I also have no change list after the import.

Dirk

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dirk,

but did you activate the change list?

do you see anything in the change list ? (errors or anything)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

In case you have done the above changes and it's not working .

Please can you remove the check for 'Include deleted objects' when you are exporting and try re-importing again.

regards

Vijaya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

>>>> remove the check for 'Include deleted objects' when you are exporting

can he do that if he already did the export and can't see anything?

BTW

I think he deleted after the export so there should be

no deleted objects in the transport - don't you think?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

My understanding is that he has deleted the objects and recreated them and then he is trying to reimport it the next time and he can't see anyhting now.

Even this case should work without him having to remove that check. This is to try whether he can get it reimported without the check.

Regards

Vijaya