cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 EHP1 SP3, Message Mapping cannot select object in the folder ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new with PI 7.1 EHP1, i am not sure whether there is some new restriction or bug, because i was trying to create Data Type, Message Type in site the folder, but the Message Mapping cannot select those object insite the folder. The message mapping only can select those object without folder.

Please advise ?

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

I just finish installed the PI 7.1 EHP1 SP03, so i would like to test the functionality of the PI. just create 2 DT 2 MT insite the folder.

but when i am trying to create Message Mapping, the message mapping, i can't find these 2 MT ???.

after that i created new MT but outsite of the folder (still same namespaces) and the message mapping can see the MT ?

so i can make sure not duplication coz i just create those object.

any idea ?

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but the Message Mapping cannot select those object insite the folder. The message mapping only can select those object without folder.
after that i created new MT but outsite of the folder (still same namespaces) and the message mapping can see the MT ?

Not sure if you have worked on SAP PI7.1 .... in this version also the same thing happens.

The Solution:

Message Mapping ---> Signature tab --> Now select the message type that you want (using the input help)....it will be present (visible) in the list..

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Abhishek

Thank you very much, your solution solved my problem.

Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't think there is any bug in EHP1...You should be able to select the Message Type inside the folder and Message Mapping can accept it.

But the duplicate names are not allowed even if those are in different folders...If the Message type is available under the namespace then you can't create another message type with same name....its Namespace dependant.

Thanks

Swarup