cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need help in transporting technical system and business systems from dev to qa and to prod.

I have successfully imported products and software components into qa and prod and successfully imported repository design objects in to qa and prod repositories. When coming to the directory objects, i am facing the following issue.

In Dev, i have technical system called TS_EDCCLNT100 and Business system BS_EDCCLNT100

But in QA, i have technical system TS_EQCCLNT100 and Business System BS_EQCCLNT100

In Prod, TS_EPCCLNT100 and BS_EPCCLNT100 respectively.

In DEV all directory objects are associated with BS_EDCCLNT100, but when come to QA the business system name is BS_EQCCLNT100.

Pls advise me.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Before transporting the objects to ID, ask basis people to create transport groups and targets in SLD. Then in QA system you need to assign the business system to your interface.Then it will work fine.

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your immediate response. I will ask my basis team to setup the transport logistics.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Production SLD, u need to technical system for dev, QA, prod servers.

Now in business system, create group (it is depends on which XI server ur using).

Now create business system, by selection appropiate XI server, so tht created Business server will get automatically added to proper Group.

Bcoz Business service created with DEV xi server will get added into Dev group. same applies to other.

and while creating Business system, mention transport target in each dev service as QA service and for QA as Prod service.

now transport ID, ur business system names gets changes respectively.

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Thanks for your response.

Regarding your response, i have given my current SLD design, pls guide me from this point.

DEV - SLD

Technical Systems:

XDC - XI Web As ABAP

XDC - XI Web As Java

EDC - ECC Web As ABAP - Business System : EDCClient100

TS_FTP - Thrid-Party - for File server - Business System : BS_FTP

QA - SLD

Technical Systems:

XQC - XI Web As ABAP

XQC - XI Web As Java

EQC - ECC Web As ABAP -Business System : EQCClient700

TS_FTP - Thrid-Party - for File server - Business System : BS_FTP

Regards

Bala

Edited by: Balasubramanian S on Sep 2, 2009 7:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you define the groups in SLD for QA and P systems in D systems SLD ?

after this associate the QA and P business systems to the target group Business system in D ,which will be replaced with the target systems once moved to QA and P systems respectively..during transport

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please define appropriate transport groups and transport targets.

Best Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the technical system & Business system are seems to be correct.

This switch over in Dev/QA/Prod is defined according to the target system Mentioned in SLD.

Thanks

Swarup

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

It is Right,

>In DEV all directory objects are associated with BS_EDCCLNT100, but when come to QA the business system name is BS_EQCCLNT100.

BS_EDCCLNT100 - Development system ,BS_EQCCLNT100 - QA system are you unable to Transport ?

Cheers

Agasthuri