cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Interface Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query regarding creating a new Interface based on an existing Interface. here is the scenario,

I have an existing Outbound Interface A from SAP PO IDOCs ->XI-> third Party A

SAP sends IDOCs whenever POs are created / changed and XI converts the IDOCs into Text File.

Now, I have a requirement where I need to convert the same PO IDOCs into different file format and for different Third Party Interface B.

SAP PO IDOCs->XI-> third Party B

So the source will remain the same ( PO IDOCs ) but I will have 2 targets.

Now the question is,

1. What should be the best approach , Do I create a completely new Configuration Scenario in Integration Directory ?

2. Since the IDOCs are already mapped to Interface A, will they be also processed to Interface B if I reuse them ??

Any Ideas / suggestion will be appreceated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
2. Since the IDOCs are already mapped to Interface A, will they be also processed to Interface B if I reuse them ??

Interface A and Interface B will work as two different scenarios (Since Receiver Determination is reused.....you will have Message Branching......will see this in SXMB_MONI when you test the scenario(S))

If you want to avoid any confusion then have conditions defined in Receiver Determination (if not considered then ask your business person to have a look into this approach).....this will avoid unnecessary execution of both the interfaces (A and B).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek & Agasthuri.

So then , I need to proceed with a New Configuration scenario in Integration Directory and can reuse the components as explained by you.

Yes I do want both the INterfaces to be triggerred whenever there is a PO create / Change.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Vaibhav

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>I need to proceed with a New Configuration scenario in Integration Directory and can reuse the components

The Same Scenerio can also be used

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only Receiver Determination Can be re-used....all other objects (Interface Determination, Receiver Agreement) needs to be created separately.

Regards,

Abhishek.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Adding to Abhishek.

>So the source will remain the same ( PO IDOCs ) but I will have 2 targets.

Receiver Agreement) can be used again, Just add one more BS system to it, Interface Determination - where Interface mapping need to be mentioned, In Receiver Agreement) where Adapter need to me manintained hence you need to create Interface Determination & Receiver Agreement

Cheers

Agasthuri