cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time reduction for getting materials as per plants, login from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am technical person working on SRM . Our SRM configuration uses the ITS for the end user to login to SRM server.

The requirement is that, the user logged into the SRM must see the material for the plants which they are assigned in org. structure(through search help) while creating the shopping cart.

Since I was unable to find any link between the Plants and material in the SRM server, I used the RFC fucntions to do the same i.e i tried getting the materials from the backend.

But the time taken to achieve the objective is more due to the amount of the materials .

Could you please suggest any means by which I can avoid going to backend sytem and achieve the same in the SRM system?

Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Please read post

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

the Material/plant link is in R/3 and only in R/3.

So I don't see how you can avoid requesting R/3 to get this information....

Except duplicating this data into a catalog, with plant as item attribute and a view on it. But the data still comes from R/3.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the reply and the confirmation.

Reagrds Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks for the pointers to the discussion. They did provide certain insights to as, what can be the possible alternatives.

I am interested in knowing or want a final word or confirmation, whether I can by any means use the SRM server only for getting the materials based on user and hence plant, without querying the backend.

From what I have seen in dicussion , I think that only resort is to get to the backend to do the same, whether I develop RFC enabled Function module in backend or use the BAPI_GET_LIST or the META_* function

Regards Sachin