cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany billing of a dien material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to bill material type Dien using intercompany functionality. In a stockable material all the process flow well.

First we create the purchase order.

Then we use VL04 to create the delivery and then with that delivery we made the invoice.

The question is: if, with the dien, we can not create a delivery, how can i finally create the invoice?

The main goal of this is make all the process automatic using EDI and electronic invoice.

So i hope someone can give me some guidelines about the solution

Best Regards

João Fernandes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general for this material type DIEN i.e. service materials,there will be no delivery taking place.

First we will create the order and then we will create the billing document with reference to this order.

For this we need some settings.

First we have to create a different item category for this type of service materials using VOV7.

In this item category details,mention that this is not relevant for delivery.there is a check box for this in item category details.Uncheck this.

Billing relevance as "F" or "G" or "I".

Save.

Goto VOV8 T.Code,Select your order type.Details.

Maintain order relevant billing type as your billing type.

Save.

Maintain the copy control entries using VTFA T.Code.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krisha,

The question is regarding intercompany billing of DIEN material, not general billing of service materials.

>> In general for this material type DIEN i.e. service materials,there will be no delivery taking place.

On this you are correct, thought it is possible to include service items in deliveries (sometime makes sense when you want to add a service to a goods delivery).

I believe it is possible to do intercompany sales of service (DIEN) materials.

The flow would be:

Debit Memo -> Billing by Sales Organization A from company 1

Intercompany Billing document from company 2 to company 1

Companies 1 & 2 are group companies, and managed in the SAP system.

I suggest you check OSS notes relates to IC billing of a Sales Order (not a Delivery).

Never used this functionality, but saw that in OSS that there was a program to generate IC billing documents for that special business process.

Best Regards,

Franck

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please go through this link.....

http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/html/J48_ProjInterBill_EN_US.htm

Regards,

venkataswamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your link::

Up to now, the SAP standard requires a delivery for the Inter-company process. Although a delivery for services does not make much sense, a simplified delivery is integrated in this SMB baseline scenario. SAP note 63459 describes the modification procedure in order to enable the inter-company process without delivery. It is desired to include this functionality into future service packs.