cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing LOCAL DCs of Service Component and UI Component TO DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear SAP Community,

I tried to import my local dc's of a service component, a mobile ui component and an application component to our dtr without Nwdi.

Result: 3 destroyed projects.

I tried to create a folder in the DTR and synced all the files and folder to the new dtr destination. But only half of my files were cut and pasted to the dtr workspace and the project folders on the dtr were allmost empty.

Is it possible to import local dc's to the dtr without using nwdi.

Thank you in Advance.

Best Regards Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am pasting an email response when I asked how to take locally developed DCs\SCs and put into NWDI's DTR.

I am not sure if by "our DTR", you are referring to a separate DTR like CVS or still SAP DTR .

I did this using the copy and paste feature in the Development Infrastructure. Once you imported the old and new track into your IDE, you can simply drag and drop a DC from one SC to another SC (even if the SCs are located in different tracks). Or you can use the copy and paste options from the context menu of the DCs in the Component Browser.

After this operation, the DCs are not zet in DTR. They are just stored locally on your disc (you can check this if the DC icon in Component Browser has an overlay icon which shows a blue house). Now you can add the DCs to DTR using the context menu action (called Add to Source Control). Please make sure that all required files are really added to the activity. The following folders including their subfolders and files have to be added to DTR: cfg, def, MOBILE-INF, src and .dcdef

I have used this method more to copy DCs from one track to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

We are using in our team no nwdi right now, we're just using the DTR like Source Code Repository e.g. CVS or Subversion.

I will try out your answer and figure out if it works for us.

Thanks so far.

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we started our development, we wanted to do CVS for storing the code but we found it difficult to do so. And since our company hired SAP consultants we went NWDI for DTR only.

After a few years of working with this... I think if you want to stay with a separate DTR you would need to commit the workspace folder using a tool like Tortoise for CVS to ensure all files get stored into DTR.

Using NWDS and Eclipse's >Team>Commit, you will lose the metadata files. At least that was our experience at the beginning not sure if things have improved with NWDS for non-NWDI Repository functionality.