Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report - calculate freight difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Freight condition (ZD11) for plant 1000 - $5/100 LB

Freight condition (ZD11) for plant 1100 - $3/100 LB

In the sales process if customer orders material, plant 1100 gets determined in the sales order. If goods are not available users change the plant from 1100 to 1000. After plant change, ZD11 condition would remains the same (calculating the freight on $3/100 LB but not on $5/100 LB) u2013 This is not a problem.

Since stock is not available in plant-1100 user modifies the plant to 1000, customer is not responsible to pay freight at $5/100 LB. Though the plant has been changed in the sales order net value remains the same (Material price PR00 is same for both the plants)

However the difference in the freight cost causing some discrepancies at the time of billing. I would like to know is there any report available to track the difference of freight cost as such. If not standard how would you advice to develop customized report which should calculate the freight difference ($5/100 LB - $3/100 LB) for the posting purpose.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well your freight conditions appears to be an automatic condition which is functioning on the basis of condition records based on plants. To get rid of any kind of frieght discrepencies why can't you propose the business to have it made as a Manual Condition in pricing. By this way users can choose the right freight value in the order and the billing will also carry the right value.

If this doesn't sound feasible then make a meaningful Order Reason in the sales order ( like say - Insufficient stock, change of Plant). With the help of Order reason, create a report through which you can track the Orders with such reason code and adjustments can be made through FI for them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vivek,

Thanks for the response.

First option u2013 manual pricing conditions is not feasible because business not interested to change the existing functionality.

Second option u2013the idea of maintaining the orders reason in the sales order is looking good. I guess with the reason, tracking a sales order is possible. I will discuss the same and let you know if I have any questions.

Any more ideas on the same would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

>> After plant change, ZD11 condition would remains the same (calculating the freight on $3/100 LB but not on $5/100 LB)

>> This is not a problem.

Why do you say it is not a problem?

I guess it would be much better to recalculate the freight conditions if the plant is changed in the sales order. Therefore the customer would pay for the real logistics cost incurred.

This way there would be no discrepancy.

Is it correct or am I missing something?

Best Regards,

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Thanks for your response.

What you said is correct however due to insufficient stock in plant-1100 business wants to change the plant from 1100 to 1000 and deliver to the customer from plant 1000. This is by informing prior to the customer. The intention of changing the plant is just to safeguard the business from the customer. Hence why customer would accept to pay ZD11 @ $5/100 LB? It is purely because of stock unavailability in plant-1100.

If you have any questions please let me know. Your ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I think I understand the need:

You want automatic determination of freight cost, but the plant for for the freight costs calculation might be different from the plant used for logistics, therefore you want the flexibility to use one plant for logistics but to refer another plant for freight costs determination.

I suggest to extend the SAP price determination so that if the plant in the customer sales area is filled ("standard" shipping plant for the customer), then this plant is used for freight costs calculation.

Depending if you are already productive or not, the technical approach for implementation will be different.

If you are not productive, then I would create a new field for price determination and then use it in the price tables. If you are productive, then I would look for a user exit and alter the determination of the standard field for the plant in price determination.

A more complete solution would be to add a new field in VBAP for the plant for freight cost determination, so you would be able to manually force a different value, but that's probably to complex for the need.

Hope it helps.

Franck

Answers (0)