cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS on Windows 2008 x64bit

mia_salazar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am trying to install HA with MSCS on Windows 2008 and MS SQL Server 2005. We already have SQL clustered, but in the process of installing ASCS on SAP ERP2005 SR2, the following stops on the phase "Insteall common system files". I get the following error:

FSL-02079 Error when sharing file system export (share) saploc: The name has already been shared.

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined

FC0-00011 The step createFirstsystemDirectories with step key |NW_ABAP_ASCS|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_System|ind|ind|nd|ind|5|0|createFirstSystemDirectories was executed with status ERROR.

I am unable to find another share called saploc on both local and shared drives. Administrators, SAP_LocalAdmin (with <sid>adm) and SYSTEM all have full control.

I hope someone can assist me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Im using the SR3 installation master and I am getting that exact same error. I think its got something to do about how clustering works on 2008. The problem you are seeing is that the you cant see the cluster when you use the physical host name, but when you use the Virtual host name, you will be able to see it (thats how 2008 works, don't ask me why). Now you could go and delete the saploc in the cluster failover manager, But when you restart the SAPInst you get an error where it looks like either permissions are missing for the user on the cluster. So what you need to do is, some how get SAP to directly read the virtual hostname and not the physical host name (there should be someway to edit the control.xml to do this).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Was this issue resolved iam getting similair problem with Windows 2012 R2 MSCS kindly suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you run the latest available Software Provisioning Manager, this issue is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter

We were using SWPM10SP09_9-20009707.SAR(SWPM 1.0 SP09 for NW higher than 7.0x) after your message changed to  SWPM10SP10_1-20009707.SAR(SWPM 1.0 SP10 for NW higher than 7.0x) but a new error arise as indicated in forum

Kindly advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The following SAP products are supported on Windows Server 2008:

• SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 or higher (as of January 2009)

Products prior to this release will not be supported on Windows Server 2008.

• SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 or higher

For more information on supported operating system and database releases, see the Product Availability Matrix at http://service.sap.com/pam

So i advice you to use SR3 installation set.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.

mia_salazar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj,

Unfortunately, we are still non-unicode and installing with SR3 doesn't give me an option to do so otherwise. SR3 automatically selects unicode. However, let me know if i can change this setting somewhere else.

Regards,

Mia

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Unfortunately, we are still non-unicode and installing with SR3 doesn't give me an option to do so otherwise. SR3 automatically selects unicode. However, let me know if i can change this setting somewhere else.

You "install" a system and you "are" still non-Unicode?

Markus

mia_salazar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

yes, we are still running non-unicode on (ABAP) ECC 6.0. We've been able to manage so until SR3 came out. It can still be done using system copy, but not with fresh install (using SR3).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Starting with SR3 win 2008 MSCS is supported, e.g. using SR2 installation option will not work.

SR3 installation is by default Unicode, but you can choose non-unicode during thy system copy.

regrards

Goran