Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU - Physical Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a problem with HU inventory.

When I create a TO, the systems creates a PICKHU which is considered as a Storage Unit.

Then I empty this Storage Unit, but it stays as a Handling Unit in my system.

If for some reason I need to do a physical inventory for this handling unit (HUINV01), and when it is empty the system tells me "No handling units found with the required criteria".

However, when I do the same with material in it, it creates an inventory document.

It seems that the system cannot do a physical inventory of this HU if it is empty.

When I go to transaction HUINV06, it gives me the same message "No handling units found with the required criteria".

Does anyone has an idea on how I could do a physical inventory on this HU ?

Best regards,

Remi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cannot be done - Must do MB11 with goods movement 712, pack inbound delivery and send stock to location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I dont think you will be having that HU after emptying SU. You cannot even view that HU in HUMO.

Actually Why & How are you emptying the SU after TO confirmation? Plz share your process.

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I empty the SU, in transaction HUMO, it still can see the HU with the same number as "free HU" but it is no longer a SU.

I'm doing this inventory in order to complete stock in a complex process that we are implementing.

My client needs to be able, in a box associated to an outbound delivery, to confirm with differences during asignation TO in the 2nd step of picking.

With HU, you can confirm TO with less quantities from an HU, and this quantity goes to Storage Type 999.

But when it comes to the confirmation of higher quantities, we have to do an inventory of the pickhu in order for the system to let us take more quantity than the picked one.

In my process, the client can work with different IM groups at the same time in a storage that is not dynamic (2 step picking process).

So as long as there is stock for the material in the storage bin, we're taking it from any pickhu of any of the groups we have.

But in the end of the process, if we have picked all the stock of the material of all the existing pickhu in the storage bin, when we want to do an inventory of the last pickhu in order to be able to pack the whole higher quantity, the system is failing because all the pickhus are empty and the system does not let me do an inventory.

I know it sounds a bit difficult but I cannot explain the whole entire process.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Remi