cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System is not the original system of the object being edited

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently built a new system which is Copy of another system.We decomission our old system.Now when ABAPer is trying to edit Z/Y programs in se38 they are getting message "SAP System is not the original system of the object being edited".We already completed all post process after system copy.Client is open and status in Golbal modifiable in se06.

How we can resolve this situation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

The system where the object modified was the source system of the system copy.so now the object change in the new system will be repairs.

You should do the post system copy process -> se06 -> check Database copy or database migration->perform post-installation action.

if after this also you are getting the message then you can ignore this and go ahead with the correction.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Thks for your input.

@Vinod,

We rebuild new development system from the exsisting devlopment system and scrap old one.And yes thats true that new system is not the original system where object was created,its a replica of old dev to nev dev with SID change.

@Arjun,

I already check TADIR table and and its pointing to new SID.

@Ashok,

As i said earlier,post intallation is already completed.

Its a problem for developer who's getting some different format of screen when they editing development object ,like, when we perform manaul corretion in abap code through snote.They can see buttons to insert code line,delete line.

Thx,Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh!

I have tested your scenario in my DEV / QAS system which are system refrehsed quarterly by PRD server.

I can modify the z* program in my DEV system but not in QAS becuase the original system was "DEV" in my QAS system.

I have doubt about your post installation steps "se06 - > database copy of database migration".

anyhow, you can change the orignal system "DEV" in your object directory entry while you attempt to modify the program.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP NetWeaver Basis

0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Yes..thats true that we can change system in object directory entry but is there any way you aware by which i can make changes for all the Z/Y program.

Thx,Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

I have tested your problem in my landscape (DEV/QAS) before replying! becuase they were recently refreshed by PRD server.

Our Abaper did not complain yet and i have tested myself to modify the z* program.

Can you verify your transport layer which are used in package and original system!

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After you do the system copy, the table TADIR still pointing to the OLD SID and you need to replace that with NEW SID. We had a similar scenario we have created a Zprogam to convert OLD SID to NEW SID.

Note: whenever you import new transports related to old changes, you will hit this error again. You have to perform this conversion again importing new TR's.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

system from which yo have taken copy might be not your development system where this object was modified. objects should only be changed in the SAP system where the system identifies them as original objects. An object is the original in only one system, the system where it was created. All other systems may only contain copies of the object. This ensures that changes are only made to objects in the development system. When a object is transported to a downstream system, it exists there as a copy.

I think this could be issue in your case.

BR,

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Deshmukh on Aug 31, 2009 10:26 PM

0 Kudos

?