cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual ABAP import during installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For ECC 6 installation, I'm trying to import table REPOSRC (1 of the table in SAPSSEXC.TSK) manually as daemon. I used the following command:

R3load -i SAPSSEXC.cmd -dbcodepage 4102 -l SAPSSEXC.log -stop_on_error &

Once, this is done, based on import_state.properties, now I only have 1 outstanding task which is SAPVIEW.TSK. I want to continue the automatic process using sapinst, the first think in my mind is to mark SAPSSEXC in import_state.properties with + mark as done identification. Is there any further changes that I have to set so the sapinst can continue with last manual process ?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by: sprout009 on Aug 31, 2009 5:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the manual import why don't you try to change the CONTROL.XML file to SUCCESS for that particular import. So that SAPINST knows that import has been done successfully and continue further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun,

I couldn't find this CONTROL.XML. But questions answered. The command R3load automatically delete the bck file so only SAPSSEXC.TSK left, and if all the table has imported successfully, all of them will be mark with ok in the TSK file.

After that, we can run sapinst as usual, no manual edit on any file required. I've try this just now. Hope it can be reference for the other. (note: this is sapinst of ECC 6).

Regards.