cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with translation of Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Right now I am working with Adobe forms.

While Translating the forms from English into Spansih I am encountering a problem.

Even though it is Translated into spanish, if I login in spanish (ES) and see the Text is stil in English.

the text is in 'TEXT' field.

Kindly, Help me in solving the problem.

Regards,

Xavier.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When translating your form MAKE SURE YOU LOGIN TO SAP WITH THE TARGET LANAGUAGE FOR TRANSLATION!

For example, if you have an english form and want to translate it to spanish, login in spanish, go to SFP and do your translation to spanish. It should have a pop-up shown that says "original language" is English....keep it as that.

Not sure why it works this way, but it does. I would love to be able to login in English and then simply do all my other translations from there, but it doesn't work that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris...

Once again...coming through in the "clutch!" Thanks for this information!!!...i was banging my head on the wall try to display Euros symbol with SFP / Goto / Translations

BK

akpetteroe2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can also use the translation transaction SE63.

Best,

Anne

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Topic is very old but maybe it will be still helpful 🙂
After translation done and form activate call program (SE38) FP_PDF_TEST_26 choose ADS ( or your right AF server) and execute. Cache will be refresh 😉

Regards
Przemek

0 Kudos

YES!!

That is what I was looking for. I've changed my translation xx-times - no effect was visible on the printout.

No it is OK.

Thanks

Jörg

former_member640073
Discoverer

Hello All,

I have recently gone through such issue, and found the similar difficulty, i.e. even after maintaining the translations in the respective language, its not visible at adobe form level.

As per my understanding, the issue is with one of the exporting parameters ( type sfpdocparams ) while calling the adobe function module, where we need to pass the respective language, in which we need to see the required translations.

For example, lets say, if we pass the language field as "sy-langu", and which ever language user login, and if the translations are maintained for the respective logged-in language, then the translations must be visible at adobe form level.

Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add parameter ID 'UCN' for that user using the path system->user profile->own parameters->parameters.then check by logging

in spanish.

Thanks

Martina