Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign resources for an activity

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a Insurance project in SAP IDES system. I have created all the WBS elements, activities, networks and relationships between the activities.

I wanted to know how we can assign resources to activities.

e.g. An Internal activity takes 2 days and 160 hours to complete. I have assigned work centres to internal activities but i am not sure how to assign resources to that activities. To complete this activity in 2 days and 160 hours means i definately need many resources working. I want to know how can i acheive that??

If i need to assign in work centres my resources where do i actually assign?? Please do explain in detail as it would help me in understanding easily.

Also please do tell me how can be handle resource planning from the project planning board.

Please do help me.........Hope to hear from you all......

Cheers,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are basically two way to assign resource to activity via Resource planning CMP2 or directly assign your resouce to Work Centre -->Click on HR Assignment tab.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I got what you are saying and it was very useful. But can you please explain me in detail i went in CMP2 transaction and i could see all the activities in my project there. Then i selected my activity which i want to allocate resources went to Edit Menu and create assignment.

But can you please tell me one of my activities take 160 hrs to complete and that too in 2 days. How can i acheive this by making changes in Work center or using CMP2 transaction. Please do help me....

I think you are guiding me in the right way just need much more detailed explanation.

Hope you can guide with this as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As your primary requirement is that you wanted to complete the activity in 160 hrs work in two days. Say for ex. one person works 8 hrs. per day so atlest you need to add 20 person . In that case best to use is workcenter.

Because the same work cneter you can use for these type of other requirments. If you directly assign in activity than in every project you have to do it manually..

It 's also depend upon how you wanted to plan your resouces on workcenter level or at project level.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please also note that the Work center capacity category should be "person" or 002 to able plan resources at network activity level.

Regards

Srikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

In work center in capacity tab, click on capacity tab again at bottom.Here you can define all information rlevant to your capacity. for example in your case you will need 20 person to work for 8hrs with a capcity utilisation of 100%.

In similar way you can alter/increase the time and reduce no of person or increase capacity utilisation. This will guide your work center usage.

Hope this helps

Sarang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

I got the issue solved.....Thnks to all the guys who replied back.....

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your immense co-ordination in getting my query solved. I got my issue solved.

Keep up your great work guys.

Cheers,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea of the query asked by me. Please do reply back if you have any idea i need to resolve it ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.