Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

staging identity store to productive identity store

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have IDM 7.1 SP2.

How we can write from the staging identity store to productive identity store? In the 7.1 sp2 guide nothing is said about it.

Does we just need to run the job u201C

Write HCM Employee To SAP Master u201C ?

Please share any the exact steps.

Also how we can check if the HCM data is actually available in the staging identity store? We executed the report RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM successfully and it showed the records have been moved. But how we can check if the records are moved to VDS ? Also from VDS to staging identity store?

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad

>

> Also how we can check if the HCM data is actually available in the staging identity store? We executed the report RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM successfully and it showed the records have been moved. But how we can check if the records are moved to VDS ? Also from VDS to staging identity store?

Option 1:

You can check the data from the monitoring page ( though i have 7.0) , select your identity store (Staging HR Identity store) and run a blank search to return all data from the store.

Option 2:

You can check the statistics of the staging identity store from the Identity manager console, there it has all the statistics of the records, entries etc

About writing the data from the Staging IC to SAP Master IC, there should be a job in the jobs template (in IdM 7.0 it is "HCM Read Employees") so my guess would be that the "Write HCM employee to SAP master" should do the trick for you.

Let me know if that works out.

PS: Will be installing the 7.1 soon, so would be able to help more with 7.1 installations...

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer

I am now able to run the job and it is trying to write to productive identity store but we are getting following error

"sap_importTimeValues Par: [20090901-99991231]Sahad ak|[20090909-99991231]Sahad ak!!DISPLAYNAME Attribute: DISPLAYNAME is NOT defined as Multivalue Attribute(Storage Type) in Schema of Identity Store: 2. The values which should be imported contain multiple values at the same point in time: {VALIDFROM=2009-09-01!!VALIDTO=9999-12-31}Sahad ak|{VALIDFROM=2009-09-09!!VALIDTO=9999-12-31}Sahad ak "

Do you know how to set DISPLAY NAME as multivalued Attribute in Schema of identity store? Please advice.

Regards

Sahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad

I don't think it is a good idea to set the DISPLAYNAME as multivalue attribute. I suppose you have to take care of the cause of this multi-value occurence.

But you can can change the Attribute like this (in IDM 7.1):

1. Go to your identity store in MMC

2. <IDStore 2> -> ID store schema -> Attributes

3. Double click DISPLAYNAME attribute

4. "Storage" tab

5. Select "Mulitvalue attribute"

Hope I cuold help

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahad,

Looking at the log, seems like there are two valid from dates for the same ID, can you check the initial load in the HR Staging Area for this ID.

Also, just to verify the HR extract test run the LDAP extractor query in the back end HCM system.

>{VALIDFROM=2009-09-01!!VALIDTO=9999-12-31}Sahad ak|{VALIDFROM=2009-09-09!!VALIDTO=9999-12-31}Sahad ak "

I don't think you should change the DISPLAYNAME as multivalue attributes, rather than fixing the problem it is hiding the problem approach, which may eventually cause problems while provisioning from the SAP Master identity store.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

> can you check the initial load in the HR Staging Area for this ID.

How we can check this ?. Our UI is not connected with staging Identity store. It is connected with staging identity store.

Regards

Sahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to see that in Monitoring which is connected to all the Identity Store.

Also, have a look at the output (input to the VDS->IC) of the test run of the extractor query in HCM system.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Zaheer

>test run of the extractor query

How to run the test run of extractor query? There is no such option.

Please let me know if there is an SQL query we can run on table level ?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

I am referring to the SQ01 transaction code, where we have to create a query to extract HR data from the HCM system.

In SQ01, you have the option to test the query.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer

I executed the query and two dates are the start date and the end date. Is there any problem.

There are couple of fields like Buildings, City, House street etc which is not pulling values. Are they causing the issues?. Do you feel if the issue is at HCM side or at Identity center side

As part of solving the error, We have enabled the multiple value storage attribute on DISPLAYNAME, LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME, MX_FS_ACADEMIC_TITLE_1_ID, MX_FS_PERSONNEL_NUMBER, MX_FS_POSITION, MX_FS_POSITION_ID,MX_FS_SALUTATION_ID, MX_ACADEMIC_TITLE_1

Do you think we should revert back all of them?

Now we are getting errors like

##

putNextEntry failed storingMX_PERSON

Exception from Add operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.addEntry failed storing entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: " Value not legal for this attribute:Attribute: MX_ACADEMIC_TITLE_1" when storing attribute 'MX_ACADEMIC_TITLE_1={VALIDFROM=2009-09-01!!VALIDTO=9999-12-31}Mr'

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.modEntry failed updating entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: "Entry does not exist" when fetching entry

##

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sahad,

Do you have the untouched version of the Identity store attributes with you ? Backup export. If not, then try creating a test repository and change the "HR_STAGING_AREA_IDS_ID" to point to it and try reloading the fresh data into it. Then create a test SAP Master and change "SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID" to point it to the new test IS.

This time while performing loads, put the dispatcher in DEBUG mode to capture everything.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaher

Can you please explain how we can give legal values in attribute values for attributes ?

Please give the step by step process or any document which talks about these steps.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sahad

Answers (0)