cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting target IDocs(File to Idoc scenario)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Customer

........Recordset(1..unbounded)

-

Header

........................Child1

........................Childn

For each header I need to create an IDOC.

WABC

........IDOC

...........Header

...........Item

I've mapped IDOC to Header. So, whenever Header comes and IDOC is created. For Ex, In the source file 2 headers are coming, output currently looks like

<WABC>

.........<IDOC>

.........</IDOC>

.........<IDOC>

.........</IDOC>

</WABC>

But I want the output to be

<WABC>

.........<IDOC>

.........</IDOC>

</WABC>

<WABC>

.........<IDOC>

.........</IDOC>

</WABC>

Thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

check this weblog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

I think it should fit perfect you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-reading your original message, if you really want the output to be:

<WABC>

.........<IDOC>

.........</IDOC>

</WABC>

<WABC>

.........<IDOC>

.........</IDOC>

</WABC>

that won't go through the idoc adapter. The output has to be:

<IdocType>

.....<IDOC>

.....<IDOC>

</IdocType>

<IdocType>

.....<IDOC>

.....<IDOC>

</IdocType>

But if you are planning that the output is sent to an R3 system with an idoc, then the weblog and its solution will work perfect. You don't need that structure as a requirement, you just need to use the correct output structure.

If you want to send any other thing different to an idoc, then you can build any structure that it works for you.

Did I understand you correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've already done exactly what is explained in the blog.But the IDoc is not getting split.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should I use enhanced interface determination?

Even in the blog you can see all IDOCs under MBGMCR02. I want all those IDOCs to be sent separately.

Regards,

Vishal

Edited by: Vishal.P.Kulkarni on Aug 31, 2009 3:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

try this on interface determination check option enhanced to separeted the IDOC.

Thanks.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idocs will get splitted in RUNTIME. That will be done by the idoc adapter. Try to execute the hole scenario and the idocs will be sent separately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need an enhanced interface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is throwing "too many repetitions of a group error" on the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've used the exact steps provided in

Link: [url] https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File%20to%20Multiple%20IDOC%20Splitting%20without%20BPM

but I am unable to achieve the desired result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give us the exactly error.

One time. I changed the ocurrences, and it worked.

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDOC adapter won't support maultimapping, you can not created mutiple idocs with mutiliple messages, the only way you can do is make 1..unbounded for idoc segment not for the message type.

I hope it helps.

regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

The blog in this thread and the wiki clearly shows you have multiple idocs. So is your goal is to have multiple idocs or multiple messages. If multiple idocs then it should work. You cannot use multimapping here, because Idoc adapter doesnot support. If you want multiple messages then I dont think it is possible without using BPM.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error message is:

"Too many repetitions of a group" on the target system. In moni it is not throwing error. When I checked in idx5 transaction, the IDoc is going as a single IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

It is simple File to IDoc sceanrio.

u only need to chnage occurance of IDOC node in xsd file and import under external defination and in Mapping use this exported file.

and do normal configuration.

It will trigger multiple IDocs.

Few days back i did it successfully

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. It's a simple file to IDoc scenario. I could even seen my team-mates getting the desired result with the same mapping that I've used. But I really don't know why WMMBXY idoc is not getting splitted!!

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope your mapping will be same as your team mates. Just small question. Have you copied any part of mapping from your team-mate's mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As I have understood you want to see 2 IDocs in the SAP side for 1 file which has 2 Headers. This can be easily done by exporting the IDOC XSD and changing the IDOC occurence as unbounded again importing it in an External defination and mapping the header with IDOC segment (Safe side USE REMOVE CONTEXT NODE FUNCTION in between ) .Same thing is mentioned in the blog u r referring:https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File%20to%20Multiple%20IDOC%20Splitting%20without%20BPM

In short if you want to achieve posting multiple IDOC in SAP from one file then you can achieve it using the above blog no need of sending the IDOC Separately if they are going together also they will be posted separately in SAP.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. I came to know that the team-mate has done a similar kind of scenario, when I was asking him for the solution.. Only difference is the IDoc that we are using!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys, there was a small mistake on my side.. Now,I mapped one of the attribute of node IDOC called 'begin' to a constant and it's working fine!!! I don't know how that makes a difference!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually want to see 2 IDocs in the SAP side for 1 file which has 2 Headers.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use multi mapping to split IDoc, Change Occurance to 1 to Unbounded,

search in sdn one blog available.

its very simple

Cheers,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IDoc occurence is 1..unbounded. Thats why it is coming as many times as header comes. But everything is coming under one message type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I actually want to see 2 IDocs in the SAP side for 1 file which has 2 Headers.

Hi,

Don't worry it will create two IDOCs in SAP.

I think your assumption is if all IDOC will come in separate messages then only it will create different IDOCs then it is wrong. See screen shot in Michal's blog that all the IDOCs are under same messag and they will be posted/created in SAP seprately. So Run end-to-end scenario and you will see the correct results.

Regards,

Sarvesh