cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have an issue with service desk in solution manager.

There exists an issue with the customer that the end users who has access to transaction monitor(CRM_DNO_MONITOR) can view all the messages (those messages which are not created by them also).

Is there any authorization object which can limit this access so that they can view and edit only the messages created by them.

I checked the transaction "S_SMC_47000018 -Change Requests Created By Me". But no messages were displayed for the creator eventhough the authorization was assigned to him.

Can anybody help me in this?

Regards

Dona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't recommend to use CRM_DNO_MONITOR for service desk. It's a general report.

Since service desk is a role based scenario, assign the workcenters for each service desk employee.

So that each person can only view messages related ONLY to him.

1. Just copy this standard role SAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN and assign to all employees of service desk.

2. Then copy these standard roles

SAP_SOCM_ADMIN

SAP_SOCM_CHANGE_MANAGER

SAP_SOCM_CREATE

SAP_SOCM_DEVELOPER

SAP_SOCM_DISPLAY

SAP_SOCM_IT_OPERATOR

SAP_SOCM_PROCESS

SAP_SOCM_PRODUCTION_MANAGER

SAP_SOCM_REQUESTER

SAP_SOCM_TESTER

and assign to the respective person belongs to these roles.

3. Ask all service desk employees to use workcenters: tcode- SOLMAN_WORKCENTER.

The below example is looks-like of a service desk employee's workcenter:

-

Overview

-

For processing by me

-

New (5)

In process (10)

Sent to SAP (0)

Confirmed (11)

All (26)

Reported by me

-

New (16)

In process (5)

Sent to SAP (1)

Confirmed (8)

All (30)

-

Search Overview

-

Messages My Messages (51)

Let me know if you need more help on this.

Regards

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

Thanks for your reply. The document is very useful.

I have some doubts regarding this.

1. I have configured service desk as per the service desk installation guide. Do we need any extra configuration to work with incident management.

2. I tried giving the standard role to the end user (of the satellite system) in the solution manager and assigned the business partners also. But when i open solman_workcenter, it displays "you do not have the business partner assigned".

What can be done at this stage?

I hope you can help me in this.

Thanks in advance

Dona

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1. I have configured service desk as per the service desk installation guide. Do we need any extra configuration to work with incident management.

No extra configuration is required.

> 2. I tried giving the standard role to the end user (of the satellite system) in the solution manager and assigned the business partners also. But when i open solman_workcenter, it displays "you do not have the business partner assigned".

1. Activate the following workcenter services(tcode-SICF):

services->sap->bc->ags_workcenter

services->sap->webdynpro->sap->ags_workcenter

2. After activating these services, then follow the three steps i explained yesterday.

Hit me back.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

I have configured workcenter. I have an issue now.

The end user cannot click the reply button with his message. It says" You are not authorized to perform this action". He cannot do this even when the status is in customer action.

Is there any specific roles to be assigned. All other functionalities including "confirm" works.

Please help me in this.

Regards

Dona

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have found out the issue was with the authorization object CRM_TXT_ID. The link does not describe about the object.

Now, the end user can reply, but "his reply text does not appear in the message long text of the workcenter". He can view only messages from the message processor. Eventhough, the reply is delivered as an additional information in CRM_DNO_MONITOR.

Could you please help me on this.

Regards

Dona

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case seems please verify if SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE role has been given to the user. Also does the user has its own BP no. ? And does this BP no has also the status EMPLOYEE given ?

Hope this helps.

Cheers

sh