Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation - Business partner address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we import Business Partners from a CRM system into ERP. In ERP we need to ensure that the User does no change data coming from CRM but they should be able to add their own data locally in ERP. This is partly implemented by PFCG roles but I have a problem with address. Address from CRM should not be changed/deleted in ERP but it has to be possible to add local ERP address and these must be possible to change. As I see it I have to identify whether the address originates from ERP or not and if not block that the address can be changed on deleted. But I can not see how to implement this do any of you have any suggestions??

Br

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This can be done, but it will require some complicated Z developments. I can suggest a way, but i need to know - how do you work with the BP address in ERP ? Do you use transaction BP ?

If so, here's how you can do it -

On the Control Tab of BP, there's a field - Data Origin - DB field= BUT000-SOURCE. Basically, you can use this field to store info about where the BP record cam from. You can customize values such that every record flowing from CRM will set this field to value "CRM source". You need to write a little bit of code in the CRM system to set the value of BUT000-source before sending the BP to ERP.

Next, in the ERP system , you need to write a Z module in the Address view PBO to do some field group modifications. In this module, you can write custom code to check the value of the field BUT000-Source and if it is "CRM source", you can disable the change icon for address, and grey out all the address fields.

Field group modification is complicated, and you can get an idea abt how it works from some of the FMOD modules - sorry, i don't have access to SAP systems now, so i can't recollect the exact name, but search for something like BUPFMOD and you will find about 3 modules like that. You can also locate these modules from BUPT--> Field grouping->External criteria.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rishu.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

no offense, but you need MDM ... not an authorization object.

on your question: i cannot see you do this without a custom development. so check out which transactions in your ERP are used to change what you want to be untouchable and look for suitable exits.

0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

Thanks for your answer. No offense taken - We have evaluated MDM but do not think that it can meet all our requirements. Furthermore I do not see how it could solve this problem so please enligten me.

By the way we use the transaction BP for creating Business Partners.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This can be done, but it will require some complicated Z developments. I can suggest a way, but i need to know - how do you work with the BP address in ERP ? Do you use transaction BP ?

If so, here's how you can do it -

On the Control Tab of BP, there's a field - Data Origin - DB field= BUT000-SOURCE. Basically, you can use this field to store info about where the BP record cam from. You can customize values such that every record flowing from CRM will set this field to value "CRM source". You need to write a little bit of code in the CRM system to set the value of BUT000-source before sending the BP to ERP.

Next, in the ERP system , you need to write a Z module in the Address view PBO to do some field group modifications. In this module, you can write custom code to check the value of the field BUT000-Source and if it is "CRM source", you can disable the change icon for address, and grey out all the address fields.

Field group modification is complicated, and you can get an idea abt how it works from some of the FMOD modules - sorry, i don't have access to SAP systems now, so i can't recollect the exact name, but search for something like BUPFMOD and you will find about 3 modules like that. You can also locate these modules from BUPT--> Field grouping->External criteria.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rishu.

0 Kudos

Hi Rishu,

Thanks for your detailed answer - I have forwarded your answer to our programmer. I think your proposal will fix our problem - I will return when we have hopefully solved the issue according to your suggestion.