cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent user logins using same user ID- Is it Possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know how can I make the configuration for user ID in SAP to login in to the system at once through different machings. Basically concurrent user logins using same user ID.

Is this is possible? whats the configuaration? Am I violating any SAP license policies?

Please help me with this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

offcource it's possible, if you have permitted multiple login aparmater in RZ10 for the instance profile of the concerned server.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Multiple logons are recorded by USMM and reported to SAP when license information is sent.

So one thing is what is possible and another one is what is permitted.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case I'm bit confused, because if SAP allow multiple login why they have made this as a policy violation? So in which cases we can use concurrent logins??

Former Member
0 Kudos

just for the knowledge, it is possible and via following parameter

login/disable_multi_gui_login

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/content.htm

However, it is not permitted to use in Production at all. But sometimes, only in critical situations, for eg. we have only a few basis IDs and some maintenance task is to be carried out involving more resources, multiple gui login can be utilized in sandbox to for that ID.

But, it is for sure that, USMM report will be sent to SAP for the sandbox too. So client is subjectable. If you, as a basis guy, are going to try it, then please do it only after the confirmation from the client and only if client needs it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am I violating any SAP license policies?

Yes, You can have multiple sessions but multiple logons are directly against the SAP license agreement.

Regards

Juan