SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Material Delete Flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to All,

We are using SAP-Retail ECC 6.0.

How can I put delete Flag for Material Master Records ?

Thank You

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanjulise,

In order to flag retail article master records for deletion, and the organizational levels at which they can be deleted please refer the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45B/helpdata/en/af/80d596b1d011d1951100a0c930e0da/frameset.htm

Hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Preethi

0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

I mean, You say there is no any transaction codes for Retail Material Delete Flag ?

Right ?

How about MM06 ?

Can we use it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanjulise,

Yes you are right. But MM06 is not allowed for Retail material master records.

Please do try this BAPI as an option :

Delete : Discontinue material [ BAPI_RETAILMATERIAL_DELETE ]

Also try Accessing the transaction Discontinue Materials (WSE1)

Preethi

Edited by: preethi R on Sep 1, 2009 8:38 AM

Edited by: preethi R on Sep 1, 2009 8:53 AM

0 Kudos

Thank You so much for your messages ...

Best Regards

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP Note 743373, for Retail articles, it is not possible to set deletion indicator in tables MLGN and MLGT. For standard materials, it is possible to use transaction MM06 to do so.

For articles blocking, you can change validity of date in Listing to date in "Listing View" in Article Master.

If you want to discontinue articles, then follow the steps;

(a) Identify the list of articles for discontinuation (using transaction code WSE1)

(b) After executing the program, system set deletion flag indicator

You can set article discontinue at following levels;

(a) For the Vendor

(b) For the Assortment

(c) For the Distribution Chain

(d) Client-wide

Hope this info will suffice your requirement.

Regards - Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right now I'm archiving some materials and I used transaction WSE1 to flag those materials.

You can watch the status or the flag you put, with transaction WSE8.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

After setting the retail deletion flag in WSE1,I would have expected that the article master could not be changed - but it is allowing me to change the record. Does the deletion flag prevent users from modifying the article master, once the flag is set? How do you tell if the discontinuation flag is properly set?

0 Kudos

Hi There,

Please review the SAP note 554972 which contains a BADI which should help you:

554972 Documentation of BADIs in the assortment area

LIST_DISCONTINUATION

o First you can use this BADI to control whether listing conditions should really be deleted during the deletion or if only the

status of the existing listing conditions should be changed. In addition, you can define if you can renounce MVKE and MBEW segments during the generation of material segments. Method LISTING_PARAMETER_SET exists for this purpose.You can set the different parameters in this method. To activate a function, set the corresponding parameter to 'X'.

Kind Regards,

Elaine.