cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisation of the Portal Logon Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to add a new hyperlink to the Portal logon page.

When I looked into the code of the existing logon.Par(com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par) - the way they have implemented the "Register " or the "Help" links is as below:

File: umLogonPage.jsp :

<a class=urLnk

href="<%=inPortal?proxy.getAlias("gotoHelpPage"):logonBean.getLogonURL

proxy,"gotoHelpPage=")%>">

<span class=urTxtStd><%=logonLocale.get("GET_SUPPORT")%></span>

</a>

Above code is an example of a link to the Get Support Page.

Now "gotoHelpPage" finds its entry in SAPMLogonLogic.java in the-

executeRequest(){
	else if (this.proxy.isAction(gotoHelpPage)) {
                this.proxy.gotoPage(umHelpPage); }

"umHelpPage" ---> has an entry in the logonpages.properties <b>umHelpPage = /umHelpPage.jsp</b>

SAPMLogonLogic is called from the SAPMLogonCertServlet in the doPost() of this Servlet.

Files SAPLogonLogic,logonPages.properties are in the umelogonbase.jar which comes along with the com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par

I tried to add my necessary entries for the new JSP that I have created in the relevant files.

But how do I compile the java files which have got modified in the umelogonbase.jar?? without this, i dont think the new code will take effect.

If theres any other alternative by which I can implement a new hyperlink in the logon page, someone please suggest.

I have already tried the direct way of putting generating the complete path to the JSP file to be rendered in the <a> tag as -

<% String contactjsp = componentRequest.getWebResourcePath() + "/PORTAL-INF/myFile.jsp"; %>
<a href="<%=contactjsp%>" >Contact us</a>

I have posted this in the other forums, but could not get a suitable reply.

-Regards,

Ashwini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashwini,

You will need to add the necessary code for the Hyperlink in the login file , upload that jar file to the Portal and restart the portal. It should display the new link if you have added the code correctly.

<b>- Chintan Virani.</b>