cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find se38 usage statics

0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to find out which user starts SA38, which programs they are executing and when they are starting the transaction. I allready had a look into STAT, but there are programs in there that were not directly executed by the user. I tested with my user and saw programs I've never seen before and there are several entries for each program that was executed.

Can someome think of another (easy) way of getting the information?

thanks, regards Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with ST03N. Also what version of SAP are you using?

STAT is pre 4.7EE

Regards

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

which user starts sa38 you can find in transaction suim -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria

Regards,

Jens

0 Kudos

thanks for the answers, but SUIM is only giving me the users who are allowed to to use sa38 not the users that are really using it. I need a list like this:

transaction, program, user, execution time

If someone can tell me which table I have to query for usage statistics that would be very helpfel, as I see that there is no build in report for my request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ST03N--> Detailed Analysis-->here you can put ur transaction or user or program and get whole detaisl..alongwith transaction ., time of execution , and user also..

Please revert back in case of any doubt.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Rathour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Transaction STAD shows both the transaction code and the report name for anything executed under SA38/SE38, so you should be able to get the information you want from there.I have just tested this in an ECC 6 system and it works for me.

If you want to automate this process rather than looking at STAD you'll have to design an ABAP report that calls the function modules to retrieve and process the raw stat records. I can help you with thet if you need it, but see if STAD answers your requirement first.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try STAD tcode.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can take those in ST03n also.

Regards,

Raja. G

0 Kudos

we are still on 4.6C .

in st03n I found one useful list -> "Top respond time" This is exactly what I need but not only for the top items but for all of them. Any idea how to build an own hit List? Cant find it in the documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto -- ST03N> load>Application server-->time period-> analysis>user settlement->profile --->double click user ---> u will get all the transactions used by the user

goto -- ST03N> load>Application server-->time period-> analysis>Trasactional profile--> standard-->Tranacion -- doble click this can you can find out how many users usd this transction ..

Please revert back in case of any doublt.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Rathour

0 Kudos

Hello,

in the reports you suggested, all the programms that are executes via SA38 are listed as transactions. So I cant differ between transactions and ABAP programs. That does not help me. Thats why I refer to the "Top respond time" report. Thats what I need, but not only for the top but for all of them. Any ideas?

If there is no build in way to get the infomation I have to write a little program on my own. Any idea which tables are involved or who to contact?