cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS integration without ALE - DPR_CONF_LI is not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our CATS integration with cProjects seems actually to be a kind of one way solution. PSP-Elements or internal orders are linked with cProjects project stucture elements (in different cproject projects).

We enter in CAT2 and see our tasks in the worklist and can enter our real hours (without approval). The table CATSDB is updated. Using CATA we can transfer these hours to CO and HR. Hours are transferred correctly but table DPR_CONF_LI is not updated.

There is no ALE definition made in our cProjects because it was not necessary. ECC 6.0 (HR, FI, CO u2026) and cProjects 4.5 are installed on the same server.

Do we need ALE with a kind of u201Cdummy entryu201D for the distribution of Data from ERP to cProjects?

For any help thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Do we need ALE with a kind of u201Cdummy entryu201D for the distribution of Data from ERP to cProjects

No you dont need that

Are you releasing the timelog?

If your dpr_Conf_li is updated after transferring Data to cProjects

For transferring Timelog to cProjects you need to run report

DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF

Now check the dpr_Conf_li table

Niranjan

Let me know if it works !!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niranjan,

the problem is not to run DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF or to regard its log files. The empty table DPR_CONF_LI is our problem.

SAP docu tells us about DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF:

Purpose

After confirmation documents have been transferred to table DPR_CONF_LI, the confirmation data (actual work, actual start) is not yet visible in the cProjects application. The program DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF can be used to transfer the corresponding data to the application.

Prerequisites

Confirmation documents exist in table DPR_CONF_LI.

So we will raise an OSS.

Thank you very much for your help,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Check this note 913347

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niranjan,

there is no error running DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF.

The cProjects project type definition defines CATS and that is why we can choose cProject element from the worklist in CATS.

What about your ECC release, do you use ECC 6.0 ehp04 or ehp03? Using the TREX search on the help portal regarding DPR_CONF_DET (also empty) the release ehp04 is displayed.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohh Chris,

we are on EHP1

Are there any log Green ot Red Icons?

I dont think you need to check DPR_CONF_DET table as DPR_CONF_LI will have entries of Task as well as Role based on OBJ_TYPE

Check approvals if you are using them?

as your 1st post says w/o approval and other says auto approvals

If Not resolved, Raise an OSS

Niranjan

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Sep 1, 2009 6:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Thank you for your quick answer. The CATS entries (=timelogs?) are released by saving and approved (automatically).

I tried the DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF also before posting without result.

As additional info - we also used the SAP Note 913347 - for integration CATS and cProjects without ALE scenario.

So, where is the "missing key" to switch on the integration?

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Did you get any error log after running DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF?

If so can you share the same.If you are on ECC with cProj is on ECC only then you dont need ALE, we are using the same and it works fine.

I hope you have activated CATS in Config of cProjects Project Type

If you get any error or log plz post the same

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps!!!