cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Start Date and INspection end date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am wondering how does the R/3 determine the value in both of the Inspection Start Date and Inspection End Date fields in the inspection lot's "Date For Lot Origin" tab?

Any idea..

thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the explanation.

But, I am wondering what if the inspection date (i.e. end date) has passed for one of the inspection lot, what will the system do? will it trigger any message or system error to alert user that a particular inspection lot has passed it inspection end date... any report to view or any transaction to check this kind of pass due inspection lot.

thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it trigger any message or system error to alert user that a particular inspection lot has passed it inspection end date

There is no such a message triggered automatically.

but there is provision in QA32 where you can get Ref Field monitor in selection screen &

the signal Light in layout

Ex: According to the start date

If the start data was exceeded, the traffic light is red.

If the start date corresponds to the current date, the traffic light is yellow.

If the start date has not yet been exceeded, the traffic-light is green.

I hope this will add some value.

Regards

Sujit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

As Tanuj have explained the system derives it from the field "Avg. Insp. Duration", this field is here,,,,,,,

Material Master ---> QM View -> Inspection Set up--> Detailed information on inspection type....

Say if you set 4 at this field.

Now Inspection lot is created on 31.08.2009 (By any source, GR,Recurring Job etc, so it will pick the current date from this source transaction) and Put the Start Data as 31.08.2009

Now it will add 04 days to it and set the end date as 04.09.2009

I hope it makes your understanding clear!!!!

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its simply because of QM view of the material master you can specify the average inspection duration (in days)

Sujit

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple answer from standard SAP help:

Procedure

When an inspection lot is created, you can enter either the start date or the end date of the inspection.

In the Quality Management view of the material master you can specify the average inspection duration (in days) for each inspection type. The system uses this inspection duration to calculate either the start or the end inspection date.

Dependencies

When an inspection lot is created automatically for a goods receipt, the goods receipt date is copied over to the inspection lot as the planned starting date of the inspection.

When an inspection lot is created for a production order, the scheduled start of the order is used as the planned starting date.

Average Inspection duration is maintained in QM view, Inspectin Type wise.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh