cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in source system creation under sap node

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am facing a strage issue here while creating a sap source system.

i have two development systems - bd1 for bi development, rd1 for r/3 development. rfc is propely maintained between both of the systems. now im creating the source sytsem under transaction rsa1 - source sytem - sap, i put in all the details and it prompts me to log in to the source system as well. it creates the system properly but the problem is that im creating it under the node sap and it goes under the node bi.

i have deleted it from there and repeated the same process again but still everytime it comes only under the node bi irrespectiv e of the thing that im creating it under sap.

this is the first time im facing this strange issue i have done the same process many time but never seen nething like this, does anyone have any idea for the same.

kindly give ur inputs.

thanks

dipika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipika,

right click on SAP folder and create source system connection (hope you have done this). after creating the source system connection if you see under BI folder, drag and drop on SAP Folder.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

drag n drop is not happening. i tried out that also.... kindly suggest me something possible.

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipika,

It is not an operational issue. Its just a display and should not have any problems.

Please go through the below SAP Note to fix the issue.

[Note 1087980 - ECC Source systems appearing in BI folder|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1087980]

Regards,

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Kothari on Aug 31, 2009 4:20 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ypu can ignore it. Technically BI and SAP systems are identical, it is just a display issue. The only difference is the field 'Source system type' in table rsbasidoc. 'D' is for datamart (BI) '3' is for R3.

Best regards,

Ralf