Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to Install ECC 6.0 as Distribute System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

My question and I need your advise

I have 2 server and I want to install SAP ECC 6.0 as following

Server 1: I want to install ECC 6.0 as Central System include application SAP and database Oracle

Server 2: I want to install ECC 6.0 as Distribute System just include application SAP and it connect to database Oracle of Server 1 with the same <SID>ADM and ORA<SID> of Server 1

I donu2019t know to setup 2 server above

My purpose is Load Balancing for access into SAP system

Please help me or show me documents for this issue

thanks all

Model for this issue

http://upanh.com/uploads/30-Aug-2009/ez15bwpm45q6xxwg3ug.jpg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand well, you just want to install a CI/DB server and a dialog instance on a second server.

This a perfectly standard setup which is described in the installation guide. Just follow it.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You want to install Dialog instance.

When you run SAPINST, please follow below path.

SAP ERP 6.0 => Software Life-Cycle Options => Application Server => Oracle => Dialog instance

When you start Installation with this option, next it will ask for Profile path ( You must have shared /sapmnt mount point between Server 1 and server 2) and CI details.

Regards,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Ashok Dalai

Extra my question : In your documents , steps as 11,13,15,17,21,22,24 -> can you explain me for these step, i want to clearly

thanks you

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Extra my question : In your documents , steps as 11,13,15,17,21,22,24 -> can you explain me for these step

Seriously?.... do you want a cup of tea while we do your job?.... this is a discussion forum not a do my job for me forum.

As I recommended before please read the "Installation guide" if you find information that you don't understand please do some research before posting. Don't expect others to spoon feed you.

Also, Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ashok Dailai

Am waiting for your advise ......................................

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashok Dalai

before thanks for your documents

I use OS Linux RedHat on two server

Server 1 : Central Installation exist (include Database + Central instance)

Server 2: empty

My Question :

Before when install Dailog Instance on Server 2, On Server 1 have to be exist Central Installation (Database + Central Instance) ?

If not exist Central Installation on Server 1 , On Server 2 install Dialog Instance ?

System number when install Dialog Instance have to diffirent system number of Central System ?

Your Documents for Windows Server + SQL Server Database..... But I use OS RedHat and install SAP ECC 6.0 (Oracle 10.2.0.2.0) such as Central System on Server 1.

Server 1:

When i run ./sapinst -> Welcome Screen Open For Netweaver Installation -> SAP ERP 2005 Support Release 2 -> Sap System -> Oracle -> Central System -> Central System Installation -> Next Step ..................... -> install OK

And then i have SAP system with

System ID : SED

System Number : 00

On Server 2 :

I run ./sapinst -> Welcome Screen Open For Netweaver Installation -> SAP ERP 2005 Support Release 2 -> Sap System -> Oracle -> (I don't know what to choose - except Central System) for install Dialog Instance

Please show me step by step for next step

Extra my question : In your documents , steps as 11,13,15,17,21,22,24 -> can you explain me for these step, i want to clearly

thanks Ashok

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before when install Dailog Instance on Server 2, On Server 1 have to be exist Central Installation (Database + Central Instance) ?

You need to install the Central instance first.

If not exist Central Installation on Server 1 , On Server 2 install Dialog Instance ?

I just answer that.

System number when install Dialog Instance have to diffirent system number of Central System ?

system number can be the same as long as they are in different servers. Usually I use different system numbers just because it helps you indentify the instances.

Your Documents for Windows Server + SQL Server Database..... But I use OS RedHat and install SAP ECC 6.0

The information is on the SAP installation guide specific to your OS. please read the installation guide.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to install CI+DB on server1 before installation of Dialog instance on server 2.The instance no can be same also as you are installing it on different hardware.

run ./sapinst -> Welcome Screen Open For Netweaver Installation -> SAP ERP 2005 Support Release 2 -> Sap System -> Oracle -> central system->dialog instance

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Yes, I want to setup it such as central installation (appllication[dialog instance] + database ) on Server 1 and Dialog instance on Server 2

I see documents about installation guide (SAP Marketplace) and I installed SAP such as Central System on Server 1 -> It's run OK with

but I don't know to install Dialog Instance to connect to Central System

Follow me , I think simple above

Somebody help me for step by step

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos
JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I want to setup it such as central installation (appllicationdialog instance + database ) on Server 1 and Dialog instance on Server 2

I see documents about installation guide (SAP Marketplace) and I installed SAP such as Central System on Server 1 -> It's run OK with

but I don't know to install Dialog Instance to connect to Central System

If you have the Central Instance and the database in the same server that is not considered a distributed installation.... Anyhow, the procedure to install a dialog instance is clearly described in the installation guide read the Dialog Instance section of it.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement comes under central installation with one more dialog instance.

Server 1 - install the cental instance and the database instance.

server 2- install one dialog instance.

Check the central installation part from the installation guide for more information.

Regards

Ashok Dalai