cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Oracle patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need some information as how do we apply patches for oracle database . Thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While writing the post please be specific to some fundamentals like which version of oracle & OS platform you want to use.

If you are talikng about oracle 10g then after installaing your database you can patch it by running runinstaller & it will prompt you for further inputs in subsequent screens.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know everything related to patches regarding oracle 10 g release 2 .I am new to this could anyone please help me .Thanks in advance .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After installing oracle database you will get version 10.2.0.1.which is nothing but oracle 10 with pathc lavel 1.Now for patching this to patch 2 i.e. 10.2.0.2 you need to install patching s/w from marketplace which you will get at same location where your oracle s/w resides.

After downloding it & extracting all CD's Now in oracle patch CD you need to run setup.exe .Now setup.exe will open GUI screen & you can perform patching by this way.

you start doing this patching & post your issues if you get any in between to resolve your queries.

Thanks..

Mohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to know everything related to patches regarding oracle 10 g release 2 .I am new to this could anyone please help me .Thanks in advance .

You have various options:

- http://service.sap.com/notes - search in component BC-DB-ORA with the word "patch"

- consult Oracle documentation (http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage?remark=tahiti)

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your OS?

anyways, when you downlaod a patch, instructions comes with them in file README.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

My OS is HPUX. This is very generic question .Please don mind as i asking such basic questions .

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My OS is HPUX. This is very generic question .Please don mind as i asking such basic questions .

Start with

Note 839187 - Oracle 10.2.0: Applying patch set/patches/patch collection

and depending what version you use

Note 871096 - Oracle 10.2.0: Patches/patch collections for Oracle 10.2.0.2

Note 1137346 - Oracle 10.2.0: Patches/patch collections for Oracle 10.2.0.4

Further information is linked in those notes.

Markus

Answers (0)