Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

javax.naming.Reference

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have deployed an EJB module in PI 7.1, but when i am checking in netweaver administrators -> "problem monitor" -> JNDI browser, it is coming as <JNDI NAME> -> class Name: javax.naming.Reference. What can be the cause of this error.

Please help if possible! Thanks!

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

This got resolved by added one more refence i.e. to sap.com/com.sap.xi.repository

application in application-j2ee-engine.xml file. This was added because i was using an external library which got stored at this location.

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Volker,

How to check audit log entries using NWA (for trace).

I had used module correctly in communication channel i.e. localejbs/<JNDI Name>. But when i am executing the scenario, i am getting following error from RWB:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during lookup operation of object with name localejbs/createPDFModule, cannot resolve object reference. [Root exception is javax.naming.NamingException: Error occurs while the EJB Object Factory trying to resolve JNDI reference Reference Class Name: Type: clientAppName Content: <vendor name>/AdapterModulesPDF Type: interfaceType Content: local Type: ejb-link Content: Createpdf Type: jndi-name Content: createPDFModule Type: local-home Content: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleLocalHome Type: local Content: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleLocal javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: http://ERROR CODE DPL.DS.6125 Error occurred while starting application locally and wait.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: http://ERROR CODE DPL.DS.5082 Exception while preparing start of application <vendor name>/AdapterModulesPDF. at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultContainerRepository.startApp

Regards,

Mayank

Edited by: Mayank Gupta on Sep 2, 2009 6:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Very strange is that you seem to have two different names:

localejbs/createPDFModule and <vendor name>/AdapterModulesPDF, while vendor name for my module is always sap.com.

Did you really follow the How-To Guide step-by-step to develop your Adapter Module?

Especially the part where you have to maintain the several XML files of your project are very important before you deploy it.

Please try to write to defaultTrace.trc with level errorT. A sample how to write to defaultTrace.trc can be found in the How-To Guide.

Then you can use NWA to watch the Default Trace. Problem Management -> Logs and Traces -> Log Viewer

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I had used module correctly in communication channel i.e. localejbs/<JNDI Name>.

just give JNDI name as it is enough to call EJB module i.e. just give createPDFModule

>Exception during lookup operation of object with name localejbs/createPDFModule

Are you sure that JNDI name you gave is createPDFModule??? Just double check in file ejb-j2ee-engine.xml as this issue seems to related correct jndi name only.

you can give any vendor name you want.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

May be you forgot to give JNDI name or you are calling EJB module incorrectly in communication channel.

If you provided JNDI name for you EJB then in communication channel just give that JNDI name without any prefix.

Regards,

Gourav

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gourav,

I have't used EJB module in communication channel, this is coming in NWA -> problem monitor -> JNDI name. I have given JNDI name correctly while creating the module.

Is it that only those modules having some problem will come under NWA -> problem monitor -> JNDI name?

What all will come under NWA -> problem monitor -> JNDI name?

Thanks,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majank!

If you see s.th. like this for your Module:

Objektname <your module name>

Klassenname javax.naming.Reference

Kontextname

Objektwert Reference Class Name:

Type: clientAppName

Content: sap.com/<your module EAR> Type: interfaceType

Content: remote

Type: home

Content: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleHome

Type: ejb-link

Content: <your module name>

Type: jndi-name

Content: <your module name>

Type: remote

Content: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleRemote

... then there is nothing wrong. This is not an error!

Regards,

Volker

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Volker,

Thanks for Reply..

What if instead of Content: sap.com/<your module EAR> Type: interfaceType, I have Content: <package>/<your module EAR> Type: interfaceType

I have given some different package name while creating SDA file? Is it mandatory to use sap.com as package name.

Regards,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

No! Important is that you can use your Adapter Module in a communication Channel. If Module is found and processed everything is correct. You may try it by just writing "hello world" trace and/or audit log entries you can check using NWA (for trace) and RWB (for audit log).

Regards,

Volker