cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting profile parameter icm/HTTP/error_templ_path

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a SAP Enterprsie Portal installation with only java stack (no abap stack),

i want to set a profile parameter icm/HTTP/error_templ_path,

please direct me how to set this parameter,

also, i need this parameter to be applicable for the SAP web dispatcher, i mean it should be effective for all java instances (i have 2 java instances),

please help,.......................as there is no ABAP stack, i dont know where to set this parameter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That parameter you mentioned describes of where the error templates can be found

You can generate your own static or dynamic error pages for the ICM

which are sent to the client if an error occurs. Use this parameter

to specify the directory in which the ICM can find the pages.

If this parameter is not set, the ICM returns its own static error

page.

For information about how to generate the error pages, see the

documentation in the SAP Library or using the Help Portal.

SAP Web Application Server -> Client/Server Technology ->

Architecture of the SAP Web Application Server -> SAP Web

Application Server Components -> Internet Communication Manager ->

Error Handling Using the ICM.

Eventhough u have only java stack u'll have an ICM.

Since the value for the parameter is just a string mentioning the path of the folder which contains the customised web pages.

Mention the same path in all the instance profiles (in your case 2 java instances).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Eventhough you have only java stack you 'll have an ICM.

Where did you dream that ? This is a false information.

The ICM is the ABAP only web server.

Regards,

Olivier

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry if it is a wrong information.

I've done only ABAP stack installation and know that ICM is present in A+J stack too.

So logically assumed there will be an ICM in JAVA only stack too.

the following is my assumption:

If ICM is not present then how a WEB Dispatcher will communicate with the java stack?

Now i got the answer that the web dispatcher communciates throught the msg server of the java only stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>So logically assumed there will be an ICM in JAVA only stack too.

Don't logically assume anything with SAP Software or you will get disappointed very often !

Of course there is a an HTTP server on a SAP J2EE single stack system but it is not the executable icman.exe.

It is the Java service "HTTP Provider" which is available on the java dispatcher process and the java server process.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Olivier,

see my requirements is to redirect a user (browser) request to a customized error page, when i am restarting my J2EE server,

so that a user accessing my enterprise portal receives a customized error page while accessing it during a server restart,

i mean i need a server restart strategy, so that a portal user(browser) do not faces any inconvinience when there is a technical maintenmance of my system...

pls guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>see my requirements is to redirect a user (browser) request to a customized error page, when i am restarting my J2EE server,

>so that a user accessing my enterprise portal receives a customized error page while accessing it during a server restart,

So you first question was wrong : How a stopped system would be able to display an error page ?

For me the only solution is to use a reverse proxy in front of the J2EE server.

This reverse proxy (Apache or web dispatcher for example) should test the status of the J2EE server and if stopped display the

error page.

Check help.sap.com pages for the SAP web dispatcher, IIRC thisshould be a standard feature.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks,

exactly what i needed, i ll try to analyse

0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

>Eventhough you have only java stack you 'll have an ICM

This statement is absolutely correct !

>Where did you dream that ? This is a false information.

>The ICM is the ABAP only web server.

This is a "false information" ! ICM is an independent process.

Please refer to the "AS Java Only" Section on Page 5 of the PDF Document "Architecture of the SAP Netweaver Application Server".

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0832936-8e5c-2b10-b3ab-e1b3473ef...

Please also note the change in the ICM architecture from NW 7.0 to 7.1.

Greetings,

Armin

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This parameter is for ICM, if you only have a java stack you cannot use it.

Regards

Juan