Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Modal Screen using [X] button on Top right corner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a module pool and calling screen from main screen using Call screen.... Starting... ending... statement.

It is a modal screen. As a standard a [X] appears on top right corner. But when I click it doesn't work. How can I make it work?

Any Pointer is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

Deepak Bhalla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

What did you select while creating the PF-STATUS Status for your screen, you have to select as Dialog Box instead of Online Status. Handle the sy-ucomm in the program for "CANCEL".

Regards,

Arun.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You have to define a OK code for the screen and capture the user action. It does not do automatically.

Capture the user action in the PAI module and trigger EXIT to close the modal window.

CHeers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

I already have button to close the screen and it is working. But I am intrested in [X] button on Top right corner of Modal screen. How will you handle it? Generally on all the screens you don't have to write a code for this but in Modal screen it doesn't work.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED IN THE REQUIREMENT YOU ARE GETTING AN [X] SYMBOL IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE MODEL DIALOG BOX AND ITS IS NOT WORKING..

YOU CAN ADD A EXIT BUTTON IN A MODEL DIALOG BOX AND YOU CAN COME OUT OF IT IF IT IS NOT WORKING,OTHERWISE I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY THINNG TO ACTIVATE IT.YOU CHECK WITH THE PROPERTIES OF THAT MODEL DIALOG BOX.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

What did you select while creating the PF-STATUS Status for your screen, you have to select as Dialog Box instead of Online Status. Handle the sy-ucomm in the program for "CANCEL".

Regards,

Arun.

0 Kudos

Thanks Arun. It solved my problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

I have the same problem, meaning I'm looking for a way to close a popup Window with the [X] button at the top-right corner.

I switched from "Normal" screen to "Modal dialog box" and also created my PF-STATUS as a "Dialog box" but still nothing happens. When I press the [X] button I don't get to my PBO code at all.

I even tried to debug (System debug activated) the [X] action but nothing is triggered.

Any help will be appreciated.

ayal.